Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Sheets & Paint Tarps"...the Perfect Summer Slipcovers....

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I absolutely love white slipcovers, but have found that they are somewhat expensive to have made….& personally I just don’t feel like sewing them myself!…
Not giving up quite that easily,… I have come up with the perfect solution…

slipcover with sheets &/or paint tarps!!….


I am telling you this is the best idea!…First of all, sheets come in pure white which is always the perfect color,…& paint tarps are that fabulous heavy oatmeal-y fabric that is not only a great shade, but is about as durable as you can get!….With 3 large dogs, 4 cats , a little boy, 2-big girls & a husband here at my house, I know what I’m talking about!
I recommend washing both the sheets & paint tarps, so they are soft & somewhat wrinkly, which I love. Then just drape them over your furniture, tucking in as much as you prefer!….
N
ow remember this is a warm weather look, ….very, very casual, so no need for perfection! And remember sheets & tarps come in various sizes so keep that in mind too when purchasing.
After “reupholstering”,... decorate as usual!…with large squishy pillows, (maybe in tickings, or grain sacks or over-sized cabbage rose prints!)….& Lots of flowers, & bowls of fruit!…

Now isn’t this the kind of summer decorating we all love!

heidi
xo

( excerpt from my May issue of my on-line newsletter, "Living Little with Heidi")

* to subscribe, e-mail me at heididevlin@gmail.com

3 comments:

Heidi May 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

I really, really, really want to make a canvas sofa cover from the paint drop cloth for our little cabin at the lake. Maybe this year! Thanks for the tip on washin it first! ~Heidi

Trish May 22, 2011 at 5:56 AM  

Heidi,
Any tips for how to keep the couch cushions in place under the tarp? I haven't tried this yet because my cushions end up all wonky even without a slipcover! (but I REALLY want to do this :)

for the love of a house May 31, 2011 at 6:35 AM  

hi heidi! love the use of paint drops for slips! my lowes has the the most beautiful ones with hints of gray in them! when we first painted the farmhouse my painter thought I was NUTS as I kept going on and on about the beautiful paint tarps he had!!!

happy week!
joan

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP