Related Posts with Thumbnails

#2- Paula Deen's " Mashed Potato Bake"....

Friday, May 9, 2008

Good Morning All!....It's Friday, & as promised I have another wonderful recipe for you this morning!.... It's from the kitchen of Paula Deen,... FOOD NETWORK "superstar"! I'm not sure she would describe herself that way?.... I'm sure Paula would say she is just a Southern girl, who cooks the old-fashioned way she was taught by her "Grandmother Paul" growing up in Georgia. Her recipes are delicious!!, but not exactly low-cal!...Paula's favorite ingredient is butter & she uses it liberally!....The recipe I'm sharing with you today is her "Mashed Potato Bake". It is an extremely easy recipe that results in one of the most "mouth-watering" casseroles ever! I have served this dish to my friends in the cold weather months, with "meat loaf & a crisp green salad"....but it is every bit as good in the summer as part of a buffet, barbeque or weeknight dinner! Every single time I have made this dish, I have been asked for the recipe!!!! You might want to think about whipping it up this weekend?..... You'll be a big hit!!!

The pretty "Paula"...home cook extraordinaire!....

PAULA DEEN'S..."Mashed Potato Bake".....

*4 cups frozen hash browns
*1 (7.6-ounce) package butter and herb mashed potato mix
*1 stick butter, softened
*4 ounces cream cheese, softened
*1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
*1/2 cup sour cream
*1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper
*2 cups boiling water
*2 cups prepared French-fried onion rings

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the hash browns. Cook for 5 minutes and drain. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked hash browns, mashed potato mix, butter, cream cheese, jack cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Stir in the boiling water. Place in a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle the onion rings over the casserole and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes longer until onions are golden brown.

1 comments:

BailiwickStudio May 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

First, those hydrangeas are gorgeous! What I wouldn't give for a path like that to my front door! And, that recipe sounds good. My husband loves potatoes, so I just might try it. ::Jill

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP