Related Posts with Thumbnails

"the Deliciousness that is Summer"......

Wednesday, July 7, 2010


"Easy Cherry Pie"

Good Morning Friends, Hope you all are settling into the relaxed & slower-paced rhythm of "Summertime". Here at our house, "schedules & to-do lists" have been somewhat abandoned, .....replaced by wonderful afternoons spent chatting with friends & much, much later than usual bedtimes.
It took us a while, with most of June being quite busy, with Andrew in dinosauer camp, a couple short vacations & hosting a bridal shower.....but now July is upon us & life is moving at a much slower pace.....making me very, very happy.
Yesterday I began the morning checking on my tomatoes & basil, which are both doing exceptionally well!.....Breathing in their sweet aroma was to me the
epitome of summer!...cannot wait to actually be picking & making meals with these two favorites!
So onto the subject of today's post!....."pie making"!...Now I have never been a great "pie maker"!....Being married to a man who favors a delicious cake over pie crust,....I somehow have ignored learning how to make a fabulous, envy evoking, old-fashioned pie!....

Nectarine-Blueberry Pie
S
ince life is slowing down a bit around her, I am hoping, in the next few weeks,.... to learn a little about crusts, fillings & crimping!.....& I will certainly be sharing my adventures with all of you!

Double Blueberry Pie
S
o to begin, I have chosen three amazing recipes ( or I hope they will be?) from
Country Living!.....
Easy Cherry Pie ..........
Double Blueberry Pie ........ & Nectarine-Blueberry Pie.

Wish me luck!?......
So in the next few days,..... hopefully my kitchen will be filled with sweet scents,.... drifting over my garden & patio...adding to the deliciousness that is "Summer"!
Have a lovely Wednesday Friends!.......I am off to enjoy my morning coffee & assemble ingredients!.......

Your Friend, Heidi XO

5 comments:

Anonymous,  July 7, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

Oh yum! And haven't had breakfast. Now I want some pie :)

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography July 7, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Good Morning Heidi! Mmmm I love pie. I'm a good pie maker too but I don't do it very often...with two of us in the house that means it's in front of me for days and days!!! Maybe I just need to find some lighter versions of my old favorites? Sounds good to me. Thanks for the inspiration Heidi...hope you have a wonderful day and have fun making pies. Maura :)

Jackie July 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

Oh! They all three look wonderful...I will be trying them sometime before summer is over. I have made your recipe for Blueberry Crisp several times...it is so easy and so good, especially while blueberries are in season!

love, jackie

Country Wings in Phoenix July 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Good Morning Heidi Sweetie...
Oh my goodness cherry pie is our favorite. I have been wanting to bake a couple of pies, and I may just have to give it a try. Country Living is my all time favorite magazine.

Your photos look scrumptous, and please share any pie crust secrets that you come across. These pies look so yummy. It isn't even 10am and I am already thinking about snacks. What are you doing to me girl? I love it.

Have a gorgeous day sweetie. Thanks for sweetening up my morning.

Country hugs and much love...Sherry

Sherri July 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Heidi, you are making me hungry! Those pies look so yummy! I'm headed out to dinner with my bookclub may be I should just skip dinner and have a piece of pie-LOL!!! Can't wait to here about your pie success!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP