Related Posts with Thumbnails

"The Last Lovely Days of 2011".....

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

january third, 2012......

I am sitting & writing this post tonight in a very tidy house. The tree has been taken down & the ornaments all tucked away for next year. All the decorations have been carefully packed & every sign of Christmas is gone.
Then I sat down & while going over photos on-line realized I had taken these pretty pictures that I had been to busy at the time to post? So I am sharing them now....

Christmas came & went a bit too quickly once again....I have never quite figured out how to make those magical weeks after Thanksgiving slow down...really slow down, you know, like when you were a child. Happily though I did capture a few glimpses of just how magical the house looked & how enchanting it felt.

Every year I basically use the same decorations,...but try & arrange them in different & fresh ways.....& this year was no exception. There were lots of little sparkly fairy lights, candy canes & holly everywhere & our angel watching over it all at the top of the tree.

The presents were wrapped in tiny prints & checks.... & the color "red" made quite the appearance!
It all came together beautifully....& we loved it all once again....memories were made....

And as I do appreciate the clean, somewhat bare look of our home tonight....I cannot help but be enchanted by..."the last lovely days of 2011".

happy, happy New Year.......Love, heidi

6 comments:

cottonreel January 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM  

I have packed away my christmas stuff today . I had 3 trees to dismantle . Your home looked delightful. I must do the candy canes next year .

Sherri January 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

Heidi, it is so good to see you here when I got on-line! It looks like you did have a magical Christmas! I put all my Christmas away on Monday. The house is very clean and bare but if we had Christmas longer it might not be so magical when it does arrive! Best wishes to you and your family for 2012!! HUGS!!

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage January 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM  

Happy, happy new year to you and your family. ; )
~Michele

Lisa~A Cottage To Me January 5, 2012 at 5:56 AM  

Gorgeous photos! I still have decorations to pack away. Have been a little behind in that regard. Thank you for sharing your lovely home!

Jorgelina January 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

Happy new year !!
Happy pink saturday!!!

Unknown January 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM  

Christmas is always beautiful. Your decorations are awesome!

Pink Rose

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP