Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pretending.....

Friday, January 27, 2012

It is January 27th here in Southern California today...& it was 80 degrees.

There is no denying it was a lovely day, but in winter I would love to look out & see white!.....white in the form of snow that is!.....I yearn for snow laden trees, a snow covered roof & snow gracefully fluttering down from a dark gray sky.

I dream of being snowed-in, being forced to spend weeks, cooking soup & sewing in front of a crackling fire.
I wish to wear fluffy wool sweaters & cozy rag wool socks.... & drink mug after mug of hot chocolate.
Luckily for me, the evenings here at our house do drop considerably. I will light all the candles & make a small fire....& maybe soup.....

& I will pretend the snow is falling....

I am happy.

heidi
xo


3 comments:

Kathleen Grace January 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM  

Such lovely photos, and there is no denying, snow can be beautiful to look at. But it also comes with slush, icey roads and bitter cold. Right now I'm dreaming of laying in 80 degree sunshine on a beach!

Celtic Thistle January 28, 2012 at 5:13 AM  

We are having a "warmer" winter this year, it is -12degrees today. Snow is lovely to look out on, but give me sunshine and clear pavements any day!

Schotzy January 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM  

I am with you Heidi... here in SW Virginia we usually would have had at least a couple of small snowfalls by now... but this winter has been too mild.. to the point that things are budding out much to early and I perish the thought of beautiful flowers and certainly crops my be killed off by late season freezes.. I love things in moderation... and that includes a nice beautiful snowfall.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP