Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Mother's Day".....

Monday, May 13, 2013

Over the years, Mother's Day has been celebrated in a variety of ways. As a child, it was presenting my mother with a hand crafted card made at school.....Then in my teen age years, it was finding a sweet affordable gift I knew my mother would love. After I was married, Mother's Day became one where the entire day was devoted entirely to my own mother & my mother-in-law, brunch with one & dinner with the other. Then soon, I too joined the motherhood club, so the day became even busier, hosting celebrations for the matriarchs of our family, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc.
   A few years later my husband & I moved from Washington State to Southern California, where all of a sudden the day was all about me!....Of course gifts were sent to our mothers, but the day was very much my own...which selfishly I quite enjoyed! This is how the holiday remained, until my own daughter Holly, had my first grandson...& so the day was shared happily together.
   When Holly was married a little over a year ago, & since living over an hour away, I was remembered generously with a lovely gift, card & phone call on the special day!.....However she spent the day with her husband & children, last year with one son, this year with two.
    With just three of us at home now, my younger daughter Mallory & my sweet husband have made sure that Mother's Day has remained a thoughtful & memorable day.
    My message is this.....Mother's Day is a very important day. It can take many forms. It can be enjoyed many ways, with lots of people or just a few....a large celebration or a quiet one. From one year to the next, this day's celebration may change,.... but no matter how you choose to spend it, Mother's Day is special,.... & one that every mother truly appreciates.
Thank you to my family for making me always feel loved...
Love you bunches...
mom
 xo
 

1 comments:

Boho Farm and Home May 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM  

I completely agree! When I was a younger mother it use to be about my mother in law or my mother but one day we realized we need to celebrate our own little family and from then on we celebrated it just us. Yes, we call and give gifts to our mamas but there is something very sweet about a simple day just with your little family. :)
xo

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP