Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A Different Kind of Christmas"......

Thursday, January 2, 2014



 
Happy New Year to all of you!......

     I haven't posted for quite some time, but feel the need to actually get started being a good blogger once again!....I think 2014 will be quite promising for blogging!...
     I have so enjoyed reading many of your lovely blog posts these past few weeks!....glimpsing into  your homes & activities over the holidays, seeing how you celebrate the holiday season!....It inspired me so very much!
     I have to admit this year was a bit challenging for me ( & my husband!)....It was the first time in 30 years, not since our 1st Christmas together that my husband & I woke on Christmas morning to a very quiet house.....without any of our children or grandchildren here.
     I worried about this for some time & even had a bit of a "breakdown" one afternoon.....crying & trying to explain my feelings of sadness to my poor husband. He listened, explaining to me that it is a transition for both of us.....he was very sweet!.....He then told me to stop sewing ( I was still filling many pillow orders from my etsy shop??)....that he would help me bring in some of the boxes of decorations...we would turn on some Christmas carols.....& take one hour & just decorate one side table in our living room!.....
    Well I listened & did exactly what he had said......in no time at all, I was so much happier & felt much better about the whole situation!....
    A few days later, Christmas morning arrived.....as I made coffee & cranberry bread..... my husband was off wrapping presents?...nothing like the last minute, but somehow it was O.K.....As he walked into the living room with his arms full of tiny wrapped gifts, & a Trader Joe's bag being used as a stocking, handles tied with festive ribbon, I realized how very blessed I am...& spending Christmas morning with just him, was indeed a gift too. I was happy.....
    I hope you all had the Christmas of your dreams....& in case you're Christmas morning was a little more like mine...I hope you too found it to be special, sweet & memorable.
   Your friend...Heidi XO

2 comments:

Kathleen Grace January 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM  

Oh Heidi, I fear this is going to be my post next year. Still one chickie at home but the distinct possibility that she will marry later this year! So happy for her, but I know it will throw a monkey wrench in my whole holiday. I can't even imagine after 25 years that I won't have any kids here on Christmas day! I hope I can handle it as well as you have. My husband and I have been discussing how to start some new traditions, maybe parties with other empty nester friends, to fill out the new experience.

Anonymous,  January 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM  

Good morning, Heidi. Your tree looks magic.
You are not alone as far as the breakdown. I literally had one on Christmas Day, and both our adult children are still home. I miss the days when they were children and there were no expectations, only wonder.
Good to hear you're blogging again. I'm sure you're still very busy with your Etsy orders, just wanted to say I am looking forward to your beautiful pillow when it arrives.
Happy New Year, love, and I wish you and your loved ones much peace.
xoxo's

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP