Related Posts with Thumbnails

A Very Vintage Christmas Announcement!.....

Monday, November 3, 2008

Hi Friends!.....This post is for all of you ladies who are participating in my "Very Vintage Christmas Swap"!......I have just finished assigning partners to each of you! I have tried to pair you with someone who shared some of your same interests/taste!......Be sure & check your e-mails to make sure you have received your partner & your partners information sheet. I have tried very hard to keep good records & be very organized, but if you signed up & sent me your information, & do not receive an e-mail from me today, please let me know as soon as possible!
Now about your swap boxes...obviously, the name of this swap gives away it's theme!...."that being "vintage"!.....However, please know I am intending that to mean "vintage inspired"!....After receiving your partner & reading over her information, please e-mail each other, asking any questions you may have & really trying to get to know each other!...That way you will be able to put together a swap box that your partner will truly love!....
I have suggested a limit of $20-$30, sometimes I find I can make up a wonnderful box close to $20, but other times I need every bit of $30 to make it all come together! :)...Your box can be made up of many small things, or a couple more expensive pieces!....The items can be homemade, store bought or a combination of each!...Personally I often begin with a book(Amazon) I know my partner will love, a cookbook or a decorating book, then add little extras that compliment the overall theme!.....but you can do anything you wish!..& with this being a "Vintage Christmas" theme, just think of the possibilities!
The other aspect of making up "swap boxes" is this.....please put some time into making them "very pretty", a box that makes you partner feel special & shows her that thought & attention was put into it!....This doesn't have to be expensive!...wrapping items in lovely papers or cellophane bags & coordinating ribbons really can make your items look charming!
And one last thing......I LOVE putting together well-run swaps!....but in order to do that I need your help!.....If for "any reason" you find yourself unable to follow through with this swap, please let me know & I will contact your partner.....You have from now till DECEMBER 1st to plan, put together & send your swap box!.....That is almost a month!.....But again, "life happens" & if you find yourself running late & need more time, please let me & your partner know!...Also if you are unable to contact your partner or have any issues where you are having difficulties, please let me know right away!.....I will try & help you, & if need be reassign you a new partner!! I have already had many generous ladies offer to take a second partner, so let me know!.........That is all I ask!.....And even though I hope this doesn't happen,...If you find yourself with a partner who cannot be contacted or doesn't follow through in the end, I ask you again to please let me know! Those individuals will not be allowed in any future swaps of mine!
You should all know how honored I feel to have so many of you returning for my second swap!!...& to have lots of new ladies as well!....I want this Very Vintage Christmas Swap to get us all in the holiday spirit!... & be one you all enjoy & in the end remember fondly! Good Luck to you all!......Your hostess & friend......Heidi XO

22 comments:

Emily November 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

Hi Heidi! I received the apron you sent me for the Hot Mama Apron swap the other day. Thank you so much! It is incredible! You picked a perfect fabric for me and your attention to detail is amazing! Thank you again, I will wear it often and enjoy it thoroughly.

Cottage Rose November 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

Hey Heidi; I have been in touch with my swap partner, we are getting to know each other. It is going to be a great swap!!!!! Love my new friend and partner.

hugs;
Alaura

The Cutest Cottage Lamps November 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Hi Heidi, I just met my swap partner, and she and her family are just lovely! This is my first swap, and I think it's going to be great fun! Thank you for sponsoring it! AND for all your help!
xxxooo
Marilyn

Unknown November 3, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Heidi: My swap partner got in touch w/ me right away and it seems you made an amazing match! We like so many of the same things that it should be easy to put together an awesome box!
Thanks for all of your hard work and organizational skills.

Stacey November 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

You are so good. You've thought of everything. I am so excited to be participating. ;)

Betsy November 3, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

I signed up but did not get an e-mail...did I do something wrong.

Joanne Kennedy November 4, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

I just emailed my swap partner. I was thrilled when I saw who it was. I love her blog and we like a lot of the same things. You did a great match.
Joanne

Terri November 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM  

Hi Heidi, I signed up but didn't receive an email with swap partner information. I've been checking and checking!

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

Hello. I signed up also but didn't receive an email...
mkgoodreau@verizon.net

Ribbonwood Cottage November 4, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Hi Heidi! I got my email and plan to start working on my box right away. This is too much fun. Thanks you for all your hard work! I know I will enjoy all of this and hope you do too!
Blessings,
Debbie

Lynn November 4, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

Thank you so much Heidi, I have all my info for the swap and am so happy to be a part of it :)

Anonymous,  November 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Hello - thanks for hosting. . . I know it's a lot of work. I'm excited about the possibilities here.

Unknown November 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

I can't wait to start on my box for my partner! loveing the dead line so I have all month to work on it!
katrina in az

On The Wings Of Love November 4, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

thank you so much Heidi for all of your efforts and hardwork organizing this ......I know yoiu must have burned the midnight oil.

So happy to be a part of it!

Bre
http://chantillygrace.blogspot.com/

cherry November 5, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

Thanks so much Heidi for all the hard work involved. Excited to get to know my partner more. cherry

Sherrie November 6, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Hi Heidi,
I have heard from my swap partner. Thanks for putting this together. This is my first swap and am so looking forward to it. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Unknown November 6, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

Hey Heidi,

I received my partners info and I'm about to email her. Thanks for doing this, it's my first time doing a swap too. So exciting.

Debbie

Kris November 6, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Hello Heidi, I need my swap partner information. The email that was sent was accidentally deleted.

Thanks, Kris

Kass November 7, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

Is it too late to do this?? I just found it today.let me know..

Leslie November 7, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Hi Heidi,
I signed up but didn't receive an email either? I keep checking my spam folder.
Leslie

Pink Princess November 20, 2008 at 3:57 AM  

Thanks Heidi, my swap partner and I have been in contact and it works out great!

Thanks for hosting this AND for including me.

Hugs from Marian from the Netherlands

Anonymous,  November 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Unfortuantely, I emaoled my partner at the beginning of the month and had no response back. I am going to send my box on Friday. I was disappointed that she doe not have a blog so I had no way except email to know anything about her. We'll see if I get a response. This is Schotzy at wwweaglewing.blogspot.com. I have to go anonymous. it wont take my pswd.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP