Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Monogramed Linens"....Make Them Part of Your "Everyday"....

Friday, March 6, 2009

Exquisite workmanship.....& so, so pretty!
As I have been organizing, & going through virtually each & every stored away box during this move, I have finally gotten to the "box of linens".....Now the photos I am showing you are not mine, but many are fairly similar, pieces of cloth beautifully "adorned with letters"...exquisitely "monogramed" linens......Some are from my husband's side of the family,.... & some are ones I have picked up through the years, while rummaging through antique shops & partaking of garage sales!....I truly become "weak in the knees" when I happen to stumble across a basket of old linens!! I could spend hours "unearthing" the treasures that might be hiding away!.....I also am not a "snob" about the "proper initials"!...Who cares!...If a set of lovely "pillowcases" call to me, I couldn't care less if the letter is "X", as long as the overall effect is well-done!.....I believe it was Martha Stewart who mentioned that she often "made up" a ficticious relative, when questioned about the particular initials! ....which I too, think is perfectly appropriate! I also am one who believes in using what you have,.....So today, while happy to be home puttering, I will be washing, ironing & preparing my linens for their "Spring Debut",....gracing my kitchen tables, my bedroom pillows & possibly being transformed into a charming pair of "lampshades"!?.....Who knows?.....What I do know, is monogramed linens are little pieces of history, the "history of families". Take them out of hiding, use them.... & begin to create the memories that your grandchildren will remember! Make beautiful linens, monogramed or not.... part of your "everyday"!.........Wishing you all a very nice weekend!!......Your friend, Heidi XO

A very simple "button monogram".......

In my dreams, all my chairs would be "dressed" like this!


"G F"?.........Who was this person?....What is their story?



Linen dishtowels, stenciled with a charming "E"......so amazing & perfect for "everyday"!




8 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME March 6, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

G F - Good Friend...all are lovely!

BailiwickStudio March 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

GF could very possibly be Georgiana Fuller - a great aunt of mine.

I love monograms, too. In fact, I've been thinking about getting a machine that will do monograms for my sachets. Embroidery on linen is one of my favorite things!

::Jill

Jennifer@woodleycottage March 6, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

Hi Heidi. I loved your post. I just used some vintage monogrammed linens that belonged to my husband's great-grandmother and they are pictured in a recent post of mine. Since the initials are her maiden name we are to assume they were part of her hope chest as Ella Wagner became Ella Dielmann in the year 1911! We have 12 of them and just love them. Thanks for another great post!

Hopechest Bride March 6, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I love those linens Heidi, so beautiful. I'll have to look for some lovely monogrammed linens of my own.
Blessings
Lisa

Ele at abitofpinkheaven March 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

these are pretty! I love things that are monogrammed!

Lara March 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

how wonderful! all these little things really make our life more beautiful!

Irene March 8, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

I am so amazed by the amount of time and effort people, especially women, used to put into beautifying their every day lives, even when they did not have the means and supposedly time saving devices that we do...

Fleur de Bee March 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

I adore mongrammed ANYTHING! I actually asked for and got (I am so spoiled!) that new Futura machine by Brother last Christmas to monogram and embroider to my hearts content!! Lovely post!!

xo Molly

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP