Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Andrew......

Thursday, May 7, 2009

On the 17th day of May, my grandson, Andrew will turn "five"?.....I can hardly believe it has been almost 5 years since this photo was taken of the two of us?...We had just moved to our home & 31 acres in upstate New York, with our two daughters & tiny little grandson.....I was very new in my role as "granny", which Andrew morphed into "Nini".....but amazed at how natural "grandmotherhood" came to me!....& how not since the arrival of our own girls, had a "tiny life" made such an profound impact in my own life!......I was again reminded, how much "love" this "wee being" could bring to our family.....& how our household could have ever felt complete without him?.....What a "true gift" he has been & continues to be!....So as sorry I am to see that the "baby years" have passed, I realize that the "little boy years" are just beginning!.......Yesterday, waiting with Andrew in the car while we were running errands, we were having one of our "Nini/Andrew chats". He turned to me,.... mid-sentence, looked up & told me he "L-O-V-E-ed me ,.... to Pluto & back"...& smiled!.....I think the "little boy years" are going to be just fine for this Nini!......Hugs To All!......Heidi XO

15 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ May 8, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

awwww! they sure do grow up way too fast:( my baby just turned 2 and my oldest will be 8 in July; he's almost as tall as me too! lol

have a great weekend hun!
noelle ♥

southerninspiration May 8, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

I am so looking forward to being a NINI!!! One day I will be a "peaches" is what my daughter in law has decided.
Take care and have a great Mother's Day!
Suzanne

onlymehere May 8, 2009 at 6:00 AM  

Grandparenthood is the best! I have a 10 month-old granddaughter who lights up my life. He's an adorable child and I love reading about him on Holly's blog.

RR May 8, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

aww that is the sweetest

mommyholly May 8, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

He is a little sweet pea, isn't he???!!!! :) xoxoxox!

Polka Dot Moon May 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Happy Birthday to Andrew and a BIG Happy Mother's Day to you!!

GranthamLynn May 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Awww how sweet. I know what you mean. We get to play with them more than we did our kids much less stress I think. Enjoy your prescious times.
Thanks for sharing.
Another "Gram" or "Nini" or "Nawni" sometimes. (he's about to turn 1)
Hugs,
Sherry

Suzie Button May 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Heidi, I agree, it's unbelieveable the joy a new grandbaby can bring! I am just so enjoying it in my life also, and I will treasure today and look forward to the next phase in my new grandbaby's life too, just as you are! Happy Mother's Day! Suzie

Fee May 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Oh Heidi What a gorgeous memory for you to keep. I have all of those years ahead of me with my 2 grandchildren and am so looking forward to it.

KatCollects May 8, 2009 at 11:11 PM  

What a cute picture, and happy Birthday to your Sweet Andrew. I hope he has a fun filled Birthday.
Hugs,
Kathy

Marie Reed May 9, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

awwww! I loved seeing the itsy bitsy Andrew picture!

{Bellamere Cottage} May 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Hi Heidi!

I have a little grandson tooo.....well, he's nearly nine now, but.......Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....isn't it just so yummy? I couldn't love this child more. Just seeing him makes me smile. Who knew being a grandma would be THIS much fun?

Loved your Pink Saturday teacups too...

Blessings,
Spencer

Jennifer@woodleycottage May 12, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

What a sweet post! My Nathan will be 8 on May 17th. It is sad to see the baby go away, but little boys are just amazing and there is something exciting at every stage of their lives. Happy Birthday to Andrew!

imjacobsmom May 23, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Oh, that is just so sweet. My baby is 15 and driving! It's so hard to watch those milestones fly right by. Your little Andrew sounds like a really nice boy! ~ Robyn

Joy May 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

How incredibly sweet... I hate to see them grow up. my first grandchild will soon be 5 and starting Kindergarten this fall (sob).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP