Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Summer & Shells".....

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So "charming" when combined with "antique silver" & "burnished brass sconces"!.....

O.K.....Summer is coming once again & so is my desire to make a "shell frame"!.....I have wanted to take this project on for sometime,...in fact for the last couple of years, but for some reason it always gets postponed?....So is this the year?, is it finally time for me to sit & intricately place shell after shell, in lovely patterns, hoping for a shell-encrusted masterpiece?....I so hope so!.....I happen to love that kind of "pastime", arranging, fiddling, gluing......& the result is so amazingly pretty!....."Nature" taken to a whole new level!......So simple & yet so elaborate!....Here's to "Summer & Shells"! Wish me luck!.........

So "beautifully intricate"!.....

8 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage May 13, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Well Good morning! I was just thinking about shells, the ocean...getting away...cool ocean breeze blowing against my face...as my hubby brings me an ice tea! Love it...meanwhile I am on my way to work! Hahaha. Love your post.
Blessings,
Debbie

♥ Noelle ♥ May 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

hi! i found some shells the other day that i had lying around and was thinking of making a beachy photo frame with them! can't wait to see how your creation comes out:) i'd love to take my boys to florida to pick shells off the beach, sometime soon...

noelle ♥

BailiwickStudio May 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

I love shells. You seem pretty motivated - surely you'll do it this summer?! ::Jill

Susan May 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

I love the way all the shells have their own shape. Cant wait to see the finish piece.

Good luck!

Sinta Renee May 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

I love shells! I remember making things with them when I was young in my grandmother's art studio where she had a plethera to choose from.

Sherri May 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

I love shell frames! I hope you do make one and take a pic for us to see!

Cottage Rose May 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Hello and Good evening; I love that mirror, you did a wonderful job. I want to make one now................ hehehe

Hugs;
Alarua

Rhondi May 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Hi Heidi
I have always wanted to make a shell frame too and have collected shells every time we've been to Florida the last few years. Some day I hope to actually make one!
Hugs, Rhondi

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP