Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Cranberry Crazy"!.....

Thursday, December 3, 2009

O.K. ...I'll just come out & admit it!....I am "crazy for cranberries"!!....I adore them!!!...to eat, & to decorate & to bake with!....When I first saw this photo & how Martha Stewart combined "cranberries & white roses"... I just melted, so fresh & pretty & easy!!!....I love the calmness of all those white blooms, but then to have that fabulous shot of "red"!!.....Just love it!!

And of course, "baking" with cranberries, & eating the delicious results may be my favorite thing of all!....Many years ago, my mother sent me a recipe for "Cranberry Bread". Now using the word bread is just a tad misleading!.....it would be much better served to call it "Cranberry Cake"!!.....This is a recipe that you simply must try & try soon!.....Anyone I have ever served it to has asked for the recipe!.....So as an early Christmas present I am offering it to you!....This cranberry bread freezes well, it mails well & you can serve it for breakfast, an afternoon snack or as a delicious dessert!.....And it also makes the most wonderful gift!... wrapped in cellophane & gorgeous plaid ribbon!.....So here it is!.......I hope it is a recipe that you all will enjoy as well!......Heidi XO
"Heidi's Cranberry Bread"
Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1t. vanilla
1t. lemon juice
2 eggs (well beaten)
**************************
4 cups flour
1t. baking powder
1t. baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups frozen cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
*******************************************
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Makes 2 loaves.
Bake for 60-70 minutes, approximately.
******************************************************
In a large bowl or mixer, Cream together the sugar & butter....mix well. Add eggs. Add both vanilla & lemon juice; mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder & baking soda. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, along with the buttermilk. Beat well. Add cranberries & walnuts.
*********************
Grease two loaf pans. I prefer the long French-style ones. Split the dough between the pans. Sprinkle generously with granulated sugar & bake. When loaves are done baking, remove from the oven. Melt 3/4 cup butter in a pan or microwave. Proceed to pour 1/2 of the butter over each loaf. Allow to cool approx. 10 minutes. While still warm, remove from pan & allow to come to room temperature. Can be enjoyed warm from the oven or fully cooled.
*Hint: delicious toasted, too!

6 comments:

Lisa December 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

What a gorgeous photo! White roses and cranberries. Beautiful.

♥ Noelle ♥ December 4, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

pretty!! i love cranberry anything too! that bread recipe sounds YUMMY! i got my swap package from Michele today!! i'll be posting tomorrow:)

Sherri December 4, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

I too love cranberries! I love the white roses with the cranberries in the vase! What a beautiful, festive idea! I got my swap package from Marti yesterday and I love it!!

Melanie December 4, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

That photo is beautiful. So romantic looking.

Susan December 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

I will be trying this recipe, I love cranberries.

Jil~Say It With Roses December 5, 2009 at 4:33 AM  

Aren't those roses just luscious? They are perfect with the cranberries....a pretty Christmas centerpiece!
Thanks for the cranberry bread recipe! Yummy!
Jil

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP