Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Clean Up"?.....yes?....no?

Monday, December 28, 2009

Good Morning Friends, Hmmm?.....Monday after Christmas. Are you enjoying all your holiday decorations, or are you ready to tuck them away till next year??...This is always such a debate at our house. When I was a child, my mother decorated our home maybe a week before Christmas, so we thoroughly enjoyed all our "home's holiday decorations" till New Year's Day. However, since living in Southern California, I get the urge to "clean up" a bit sooner!...And after reading many of your posts this morning, am feeling like sooner is the way to go!

But then again?....We awoke to a cloudy & very cool morning today, so all the "red baubles" & "Christmas finery" are till appearing quite charming, so I believe they all can calm down for another day. I have decided to enjoy all their loveliness for a bit longer. Maybe tomorrow?...maybe the end of the week?....Who knows?...but today I am off to light a fire & have some tea & marvel over each & every bit of "holiday" adorning our home.

Wishing you a delightfully lazy holiday week!!...Now go get cozy!.....Love, Heidi XO

6 comments:

Cottage Rose December 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Hi Heidi; Sounds like you've had a wonderful day,, all cozy by a beautiful fire... sipping tea.. love it. I am going to be taking down what little amt. I have up... so I can get ready to pack and move to our larger home in a few weeks... yea....

Have a good week....
Happy New Year
Hugs;
Alaura

Happy New Year.

Hugs;
Alarua

Sherri December 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Hi Heidi! I'm going to start taking my things down New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Glad you had a wonderful day!

BailiwickStudio December 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

My decorations came down yesterday. The tree was very dry, and I just felt like getting things back to normal. So, it's done, and I'm ready to face the new year! ::Jill

Anonymous,  December 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Hi Heidi!
once the decorations are put away the house always feels so cold and lonely so I leave my Christmas decorations up as long as I can get away with it. usually until mid-January. we have an artificial tree so it's easy to leave it up.

hugs,
Missy

♥ Noelle ♥ December 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

blech... i am so not ready to clean up!! i love the look of my home at Christmas and always feel it looks so BLAH when i put all the decor away:( right now, all the new toys are taking over!

hope you had a FAB holiday!

noelle ♥

Rue December 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Hi Heidi :)

I know what you mean! We have left up the tree and a few Christmas-y things just to enjoy them a little longer. On New Years Day I'll take it all down, but for now I'm still in love with the season :)

xoxo,
rue

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP