Related Posts with Thumbnails

The "Picnic Table".....

Thursday, July 9, 2009

O.K.... I know that "picnic tables" may seem like an unusual topic for tonight's blog post. Picnic tables are so intertwined with our images of summer that sometimes I believe their simple beauty has been overlooked. As a decorator, I am constantly asked about "patio furniture", what to pick?....which style would work best?.....but believe me, no one ever asks or even conciders a "picnic table"??

Why is that?....The style is "classic".....designed with practicality & common sense!....And "picnic tables" are definitely well constructed.... & can be made to seat as many as you wish!.....And what piece of furniture says "Summer" more than the "picnic table"?


So this summer, maybe we should all take a moment to appreciate the common "American picnic table"......After all, wouldn't one look pretty in your backyard?......
P.S. My Friday, July 10th blog about setting lovely summer tables will be posted on Monday, July 13th instead!.....Check back then for some wonderful photos & the great ideas I wrote about in my July newsletter!.....See you all Monday!


5 comments:

Sherri July 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

What a great post! I love sitting at my wrought iron picnic table. I've got a huge market umbrella over it, which really shades the courtyard. Having picnics either at a table or on a blanket or at the beach is a big part of Summer!

Anonymous,  July 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

picnic tables are definitely wonderful... when I was a young girl, my dad MADE one! I have such happy memories of sitting at that picnic table.
:) Missy

♥ Noelle ♥ July 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

i love picnic tables; any excuse to eat outside in the summer is wonderful! i'd love to have that red one in my back yard:)

Polka Dot Moon July 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

I have lots of fond memories sitting at a picnic table; various times throughout my life.

Great post, and love the photos!!

Sandy in Buenos Aires July 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Hi Heidi!
I LOVE those picnic tables, especially the one with the lake at the back, I'd love to spend lots of hours there stitching and just admiring nature!

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful Strawberry shape Pincushions that you sent my for the Pincushion Summer Swap. I LOVED them and am amazed with the wonderful choice of sewing notions that you sent me!
Thank you so much for a great swap! I hope your partner spoiled you the way you did with me!
Love your blog and will definitelly be back!
Hugs,
Sandy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP