Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Puttering Around & Sprucing Up".....

Friday, July 24, 2009

Hello Friends, Can you even believe it is the weekend once again?....It came so fast??...However, this last week was such a nice one!......I had very little planned, so was able to "putter" around the house sprucing up the little corners of my house.....something I adore doing!.....The area I was concentrating on was my kitchen, so I got to work & rearranged a few things!.....First of all I went shopping in my garage, found a great old "hutch-top", that I dragged in & placed on an old chest on one side of my kitchen. Having a very small kitchen, I desperately needed the "extra storage" the hutch-top provides! I ended up filling it with lots of my staples all housed in my favorite wide-mouthed glass jars!....Years ago I saw the same type of jars in the General Store on "Little House on the Prairie" & my love affair began!.....So happy they have become so readily available now! I also added a tall "lamp", a few of my treasured "earthenware crocks" & a pair of "antique botanical prints" that I found years ago in a dusty little thrift shop! I love how this corner turned out, so practical, but so pretty as well!

A bunch of "lavendar" in one crock.... & "rolling pins" in the other.....

On the other side of my kitchen, I have a very old wooden table that allows me to create an "inspiration corner"......I have found this area is where I like to create seasonal "arrangements & a bit of drama"!!! You know I love my drama!! :).....Here I have another huge crock filled with my favorite "blouse-y hydrangeas", & "branch"... for height, a rather "grand mirror".... & my "Summer Boat Rental" sign that was made by my daughter Mallory!....I love having a daughter who can create antique signs!!! I also love to throw in a bit of "glitz", this time being a pair of "mercury glass candlesticks" & a "glass dome"!.....I love how anything you place beneath a dome of glass becomes important!.....In this instance, a piece of my "Emma Bridgewater Pottery" from England! And of course a tiny rickety chair & my garden hat have also found their way into this corner of mine!


I LOVE how all this "craziness" lives beautifully together!



And then as you make the corner, I have my three tired glass cabinet that houses all my "white ironstone & glassware", all our everyday things! I used to have it in my sewing room displaying ribbons, & fabric, ....but now this piece is invaluable for storage here in my kitchen!.....Some "enamelware bowls & wire baskets" sit on top!...I have hung the series of "Currier & Ives" prints to the left of this piece, which depict the seasons & are also among of my favorites!.....You may think I have a few too many pieces in this tiny kitchen & nook of mine,.... & you may be right!...but I love how this area of my home has come together!....To me this room is perfection!...."organized, and ever so charming"!......Come back & visit again!!......Your friend, Heidi XO
P.S. A Collection of "new pillows" debuting Monday!




8 comments:

Anonymous,  July 24, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

I love it! I love ALL of it! I so enjoy getting to see how you fix up your tiny home. it's just adorable! and Heidi, you are so kind. your comment brought tears to my eyes.
love ya dear friend,
Missy

Elise July 24, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

I love it and love seeing pics of your home!! You have a knack for displaying!!
Elise

NicNacManiac July 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Love the three tiered cabinet. All of your lovely vigniettes really make me smile. Crock pots full of love!!
Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)

Ribbonwood Cottage July 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

Hi Heidi! Glad you are puttering around. I must say, when you putter it looks beautiful! I love this post and all your goodies you have shown. You have lovely things in your etsy too! Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!
Debbie

Mary @ Neat and Tidy July 25, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

Heidi: You inspire me. I love your newsletter, too. I'll be doing some tweaking this weekend, but I wish you were help to guide me!

Caleen July 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

I love what you have done to your home. Love the glass cabinet.. All your crocks.. You really know how to decorate. It looks beautiful.Lo vely Vignettes. Thank you for sharing your lovely home.. So Cozy!!

Sherri July 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Heidi! I love all the things you did in your kitchen! I love seeing your new house evolve into just the way you want it. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP