Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Ina's Mustard-Roasted Fish"....Simply Amazing!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello Friends, Hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday. Tonight I am once again in the mood to share a recipe...& this one from Ina Garten is amazing!....It is from her "Back To Basics" cookbook, (one of my personal favorites!!) & is "Mustard Roasted Fish"....Ina says this recipe was given to her by a Parisian friend & I am so happy it was!...It is incredibly easy & just scrumptious!...Even if fish is not your favorite dinner, this actually may be! Hope you love it the way my family did!! Bon Appetit!......Heidi XO

Ingredients:

  • 4 (8-ounce) fish fillets such as red snapper
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 ounces creme fraiche
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
  • 2 tablespoons minced shallots
  • 2 teaspoons drained capers

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. (You can also use an ovenproof baking dish.) Place the fish fillets skin side down on the sheet pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.

Combine the creme fraiche, 2 mustards, shallots, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish fillets, making sure the fish is completely covered. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it's barely done. (The fish will flake easily at the thickest part when it's done.) Be sure not to overcook it! Serve hot or at room temperature with the sauce from the pan spooned over the top.

5 comments:

mysteryhistorymom April 6, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

This sounds divine and I have the book! Ina is one of my favorites and so are you, dear friend! Lori

Preppy Mama April 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

I love Ina! I could sit and watch her cook all day!!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography April 7, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Mmmm this sounds wonderful! I love Ina too...she's got such a laid back way about her and her recipes are beautiful along with delicious. I'd love to have her kitchen! I hope you have a wonderful day...Maura

Sherri April 7, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

That recipe sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown June 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

thanks for your recipes are amazing! Keep writing please! Congratulations!
your page is very interesting I saw this site when I was in a meeting of interested pets carriers and my colleagues will thank you for the information

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP