Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sometimes "Good Guys" Do Finish First".....

Thursday, April 22, 2010

evA couple Sundays ago,professional golfer Phil Mickelson won the Master's Golf Tournament. I sat with my husband watching as Phil finished the last few holes,.... won & then walked into the arms of his wife Amy. I'm sure many of you did as well.
My husband & I turned to each other & agreed that ""karma.... decency & love" had finally triumphed!.....The "good guy" had won...& it simply felt wonderful!
And then this morning my husband e-mailed me this article
"Mickelson's win a victory for women"which really says it all!
Golf fan of not, you must read this lovely article!.....It will restore your faith in good husbands, marriage & family!.....especially after these last few months where Tiger Woods showed such utter disrespect for each.
Congratulations to Phil!...and to Amy!.....Sometimes good guys do finish first!

Heidi XO

7 comments:

onlymehere April 22, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Heidi, the link doesn't take me there. It says it can't be found. My husband was thrilled with this win and is a HUGE golf fan. We're both very tired of the whole Tiger thing and I wanted to print this out for him. Would you mind rechecking the link? Thanks Cindy.

Sherri April 22, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

John was watching the Masters and I saw the last few holes too! I felt so good the Phil won and it just made my day when he went right over to his wife. I am so sick of the Tiger publicity!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy April 23, 2010 at 2:42 AM  

Actually I thought it was overkill the way the golf world went on and on about Amy when they went public with her cancer. We watch A LOT of golf in our house, and it was a tiring as Tiger's mess. Anyway, it's rare to find a love like Phil and Amy's. It was exciting to see him win and to see her strong and looking well.

Pieces of Dreams April 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

I for one, don't follow too many sports, but thought this story was touching! I am glad he won...But I hope the bigger battle is won as well. I also think that someone can be victorious and all about themselves or they can choose to take that victory and honor someone they love. Obviously, his focus is on his wife! Karen

Laura Lynn May 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

I loved that Phil won. I have always been a fan. And Amy - what a courageous woman. I hope he is as good of a guy as he seems. I think I'm a bit jaded - so many seem to be and then you find out otherwise. But, he looked genuinely happy to be with his wife so I'll take it!

Unknown June 22, 2010 at 7:53 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown June 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Well I'm not a big golf fan, but the story behind his win is very amazing, thanks for the sharing it.
pet dog collars.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP