Related Posts with Thumbnails

"The Charm of Painted Cabinets"......

Friday, January 28, 2011


Since a very young age, I have been attracted to "antique cabinets". They could be large impressive pieces of furniture,.... or small wall cabinets tucked in a corner of the room.
They could be dark polished wood, or primitive time worn pieces, but the cabinets I adore most are the "painted" ones!......

Of course my own taste sends me in the direction of "colonial blues & gray-greens", ...but lately I am considering some slightly unusual combinations as well!....."Leaf green with a raspberry interior", so perfect filled with a collection of pure white ironstone pitchers!....
O
r possibly a cabinet painted "pussy-willow gray with a French vanilla interior"!....can you imagine how beautiful anything "silver" would be placed in such a piece!

The possibilities are simply endless!.....Choosing classic shades of whites, blacks or browns lend a clean, classic feel...always appropriate, always beautiful.

But throwing caution to the wind & making a painted cupboard "pop to attention" with a fabulous color is something we all should consider!,... especially at this time of year when we might need a little color inspiration!

So with this all in mind, I am wandering the house,.... looking at each piece I own, trying to imagine it dressed in a pretty new color!....

I invite you to do the same!.....

Would love to hear what you come up with for your "painted cupboard"!.....

Happy Decorating!

heidi
xo

6 comments:

Sherri January 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Hi Heidi! I love that last picture with the washed blue and coral interior!! What a lovely combo for the white ironstone ware inside!!

I love painted cabinets too!

Paula Bee February 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

I love your blog! You have a beautiful home and a wonderful way with words. I always enjoy stopping by.

Valerie February 4, 2011 at 4:26 AM  

Hello! I just popped over from Lilac Lane Cottage. Really enjoyed your blog this morning. The windowed cabinets are one of my favorites.
Have decided to be one of your newest followers.

Anonymous,  February 5, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Heidi, What a great idea! The painted part of every cupboard just brightens up every piece of china inside. Wonderful idea!

Hugs, Gretchen

Candy February 8, 2011 at 6:05 AM  

Lovely choices for inspiration. I've been collecting courage to paint my heavy, dark hutch. I think I just need to take the plunge.
Enjoyed your post today.
Tuesday Blessings ;-)

Beverly February 23, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Heidi, I just visited Holly's blog, and of course I wanted to visit you, too. I've missed you both.

I love this post, and I had to share that I recently took the painting plunge in our kitchen. Here is the link if you want to take a look.

http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/02/the-evolution-of-our-kitchen.html

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP