Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Inspired Aspirations"......

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

O.K. I'll admit it. I just finished taking down my Christmas tree.
Now most of my other decorations are put away....
let me clarify....
All my holiday things have been taken down & are now sitting on my big dining kitchen table....to be packed away sometime in the near future?
Can't say for sure it will be today.

So even though I still have "Christmas baubles & bobs" to attend to....my mind is thinking about new projects!... ideas for the garden & for a quilt!

Over the the last couple of weeks I have been thumbing through some of my beautiful books & have become so inspired!.....Inspired over quilt designs...& inspired to plant a winter garden!.....
I have purchased sweet pea seeds, 2 raspberry plants, winter lettuce, spinach & onions & shallots, & even a new pair of gardening gloves!....
I am ready!
On the quilting front, the same kind of enthusiasm is being put into color, pattern & fabric choices!


I believe it is good for the soul, for us each to take on a new project or two at the beginning of a new year.
It allows you to learn, to be challenged, to be frightened.....

It takes you out of your comfort zone & in turn allows growth.

So I am off now to finish putting away my holiday decorations of 2010,..... maybe.
And then it's all about a new quilt,.... a new garden.....& lots of of possibilities for 2011.

heidi
xo

5 comments:

Janie January 11, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

What a wonderful spin on New Year's resolutions. We all need to step out of the comfort zone, learn something new, be creative, stretch and grow in pleasant ways. Thanks for the positive twist. Not only do we need to do these things, they will keep us young.

Andrea January 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

I was just at the quilt store today, getting excited over a new project for the New Year!

Jackie January 12, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

so good to hear from you again...and be inspired as always...just had a message from a friend this morning about setting goals!! Much food for thought!!!

Sherri January 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

Heidi, it was so good to see you posting again!! I have missed your posts my friend! I love that picture of the garden, it looks so tranquil and peaceful! I can't wait to see your new quilt. What a great way to welcome Spring!!

Beverly January 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM  

Happy New Year, dear Heidi. I've missed you. I'm sorry to read that there were problems with your mother, and I hope things have continued to improve.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP