Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Decorating the Tree"......

Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Simple beauty"...... Today our holiday company began arriving. My sister-in-law Jackie, & my niece Kylee flew down from a snowy Seattle, to help me get ready for our big family Christmas!....Her husband & sons, along with other members of our family will all be gathering for quite the celebration!...We haven't all been together for the holidays in 15 years, so I thought we were overdue! .....and luckily everyone agreed!......I am usually the lady who needs to have everything in order, having every task done & wanting the house to be perfect for my guests!...But this year, I have decided to ease up a bit. I am going to enjoy my holiday & all my guests,.... even though things are far from being completed!.....I am welcoming help, & in fact realizing, that getting everyone involved is actually allowing each person to truly experience the holiday!...So the first task tomorrow morning is our "Christmas tree"......the tree is up & lit, but not decorated.....so after breakfast, we will be turning on the carols, with a coffee cup in one hand & an ornament in the other & "decorating our tree"..... I am hoping,....that by getting us all involved, & letting go of perfection, that the tree we create, will be the one that is remembered not only for it's beauty, but for the experience itself.......Heidi XO

P.S. Am posting some of my favorite trees!.....


What a wonderful tree for any little boy!....The "farm animals" & "picket fence".....so perfect!

Warm & cozy,..... & oozing charm!


" Cool & wintery".....but so, so pretty!



12 comments:

Peggy December 21, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

The trees are beautiful. I think they are my favorite thing about Christmas. I love having tree's all over the house.

Peggy
http://pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com/

colleen December 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Sounds like a fun morning to me Heidi! Have a blessed Christmas with all the family!
love, colleen

Stacey December 21, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

Have a wonderful time with your family. :)

KatCollects December 21, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

It sounds like a perfect family holiday, so fun. I am glad your family made it from Seattle, we have been having quite the storm here. I live in a small town south of Seattle and we got hit with a blizzard warning last night, that never happens. Winds gusted to 75mph but we kept power, YEAH!!! It is snowing right down again now with lots of snow already on the ground. Enjoy your family and I hope you have a beautiful Christmas!
Hugs,
Kathy

lorhen82 December 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

I'm glad you're relaxing more this year. You'll probably find that you'll enjoy the time with your family more. It's awesome that you can all be together after so long!

Merry Christmas!
Lori

threesidesofcrazy December 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

How great you are all going to be together - family makes Christmas! I hope you have a tremendous time together. Merry Christmas.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy December 22, 2008 at 2:56 AM  

I just found your blog, and it is beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous,  December 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Heidi, I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family.

I miss you.

Ruth December 22, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

I have enjoyed your beautiful blog. You have such wonderful pictures to share. All so beautiful. The trees and stockings are just gorgeous.
Your post about the swaps is so true. I just participated in one and was thrilled that my partner completed it also. It is sad when you work so hard and get nothing in return.
Ruth

Rue December 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Gorgeous trees! It sounds as though you'll be having a wonderful time :)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
xoxo,
rue

Kathy December 22, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

Beautiful pictures, Heidi!

I want to take the opportunity to wish you a wonderful, merry Christmas and a new year filled with love and joy!
XO,
Kathy

Anonymous,  December 23, 2008 at 4:05 AM  

Heidi,

We'll just get done what we can and don't worry about what didn't get completed. No one will even notice.

Have a wonderful time with you family and thanks for your friendship.

Merry Christmas!

Gretchen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP