Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Gift Wrapping"....one of my Favorite Holiday Tasks

Monday, December 22, 2008

The "gift wrapping" has begun at our house!.....& I love it!....Being a true believer that the "wrapping" of a gift is as important as it's contents,....makes this holiday task one of my favorites!.....I tend to lean toward papers that are similar to old wallpaper...."vintage designs in glorious colors"......I like the unexpected, so I often use ribbons that are a bit faded or slightly off in color.....which ends up giving such an interesting effect to the overall look of the wrap.....And since "millinery flowers & leaves" are something I have gravitated to since childhood, their velvety leaves & organdy petals sometimes have a way of sneaking in the ribbony folds of grosgrain.....and of course at holiday time.....sprigs of berries, fresh & faux are also often spotted peeking their little round faces out from under greenery & twine!

To finish off these joyous packages...the "perfect tag" has to be added......I often make my own, by stamping unique designs & monograms on simple packing labels, sometimes adding a "wax seal" as a charming, old-fashioned touch!......and usually a "dusting of glitter" adds just that last bit of sparkle that every wrapped gift deserves!.....

IFor me, wrapping a lovely gift for someone special, is a wonderful form of self-expression. With simple papers, tidbits of ribbon & a bit of imagination, the gift you give can become something that will be delightfully appreciated.... & remembered for always......
So on that note,.... join me this year, in creating the prettiest assortment of parcels ever!....Make every box nestled under the tree, one that will thrill it's recipient,.....while all the while, filling you with the warmest holiday spirit!..... Heidi XO
Note: Just a simple reminder to be sure & sign up for my Very Vintage Valentine Swap!.....There are only a few days left....So take a minute from all your holiday "goings-ons" & add you name to the list!...I would love having you join me!




18 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy December 23, 2008 at 2:32 AM  

Such beautiful gifts! Thank you for the inspiration. Merry Christmas!

onlymehere December 23, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

It's a shame to open these beautiful packages!! Merry Christmas!

WhisperWood Cottage December 23, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Your wrapping is stunning! I'm inspired!

lorhen82 December 23, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Very pretty! Anyone would love to receive a gift wrapped like these.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME December 23, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Oh, your packages are lovely. I wouldn't want to open them. I always do fancy wrappings for my girlfriends. However my children and grandchildren do not appreciate that, so I just wrap or use bags. I love that you use wax for the tags. I would flip over that. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time opening all those beautiful packages. Merry Christmas!

Big people, Little world December 24, 2008 at 2:08 AM  

Heidi,
I finally found time to catch up on my blog reading! I just want to share with your other bloggers, that much of what I have learned, I learned from YOU and beloved sister Judy and Geni. I have also been the recipient of many of your adorably and elegantly wrapped gifts. Just tonight, the candies and blue and white dutch tin containing the little coffee waffles was exquisitly wrapped with ribbon and sparkly T. You truly are our Martha Stewart of N. County!
Looking forward to an evening at your house with our whole family together, I am glad you encourage this to be the year!
Merry Christmas, Terri

Anonymous,  December 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Heidi, I would love to receive a lovey gift wrapped in such finery. Your packages look beautiful. I had an Aunt Jeanne who totally went all out when wrapping a gift. We love her wrapping as much as the gift. I am her namesake but my packages are never that gorgeous. I do try though.

Merry Christmas greetings to you and your loved ones with blessings and love...Jeanne

AwtemNymf December 24, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

A Magical Merry Christmas to you & yours!
ps- gorgeous packages! *swoons*
*sprinkle sprinkle*
Hugs & Faerie Dust!
~A~

Anonymous,  December 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Heidi.

God's blessings to you.

Anonymous,  December 24, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

As someone else already mentioned, your packages are just too pretty to open! How fabulous and LUSH to see those gems sitting under a tree! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday, Heidi!
xoxo
Karen

Sherri December 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

What beautiful gift wrapping! It's a work of art. Merry Christmas!!

Gone December 25, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Just dropping in to wish you a Merry Christmas!!

~Blessings,
Jan & Tom

Elaine December 25, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

I love to gift wrap too but yours put mine to shame. They are just gorgeous! Merry Christmas.

Rhondi December 26, 2008 at 5:01 AM  

Hello Heidi
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed being with family and friends.
Hugs, Rhondi

Shawnee December 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

I want one of these presents! Too lovely.

Anonymous,  December 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

They are just glorious.
I am hopeless. I never get the paper cut correctly and am always doing it at the last minute. Usually buy bags.
But must try and do something nice for next year.......and a few birthdays in between.

BeadBag December 29, 2008 at 3:20 AM  

gorgeous wrapping! I've just found a site about Japanese textile wrapping - wonderful ideas.
(http://www.recyclenow.com/what_can_i_do_today/furoshiki_japanese_w.html)
Kindest regards,
Shirley I.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP