Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Planting In Pink",.... & a "bit of daydreaming".....

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pink Hydrangeas spilling forth...... At our house the "Planting if Pink" is taking over!......I simply cannot get enough of this luscious color!.....Every trip to the garden center is the same story, I gravitate directly to anything pink!?.....Not sure the reason, but Hey!, why fight it!.......I have 3 large pots on my front porch that I've planted with bright pink geraniums, which I am thrilled to report are doing very well!.....

I have also just ordered 2 of these amazing David Austin roses, to tuck in a planter next to the chimney, ....which I'm hoping will one day drape themselves gracefully over the roof & front door!....
Then of course there are the "sweet peas"....Oh! What can I say?.....I have such adoration for these delicate blooms!......Being late to plant these little beauties in my own garden this year, I am instead picking them up by the bunches at our Saturday "Open Market"......Their aroma is simply intoxicating! And as if my yard & garden isn't enough, I have found some lovely "botanical prints" that I am busy framing, wanting to tuck them on the shelves of my back porch hutch, among my collection of "Guy Wolff pots" & "antique flower arranging frogs"!.....This "geranium print" in particular is just the prettiest,...don't you agree?

And this breathtaking photo is what I hope my own garden will look like come late summer!.....I am very aware that I am the ultimate "dreamer", but why not be!...I figure if I "think big" & "work hard", anything is possible!.....So with that in mind, I'm closing my eyes & imaging how truly enchanting it will be to live in our "tiny cottage covered in pink blossoms"!!!......."Happy Planting & Daydreaming"!....... Heidi XO




9 comments:

Gram April 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Oh I love the first one. I actually love them all. I know about daydreaming. Lovely post.
Have a great week,
Sherry

Sherri April 28, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Oh Heidi I love all the pink flowers too! I love the pink geraniums against the stone wall! Check out my blog, my pink rose is blooming and I just posted some pics of it! Enjoy!

BailiwickStudio April 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Pink is wonderful, and so is yellow, white, purple, red... I can't seen to get enough of any color!

Pink Princess April 28, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

LOL, I did a bit of daydreaming about MY dream garden earlier this week:)
Also lot's of pink ofcourse, and David Austin roses too, YAY!! Just a dream, but sometimes dreams DO come true, right??

Hugs from Marian

Margie April 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

Such lovely pictures! At the greenhouse this year, I found myself gravitating more towards the pink flowers than the usual white! I don't think I bought any white this year at all, instead substituting them with pale pink! I can't wait to see them planted!

Have a lovely day!
Margie

Martha April 29, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

I seem to gravitate towards pink flowers as well -- something about pink -- love your pictures!

artis1111 April 29, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

I think you can do it! I too am pulled to the PINK side! Daydreaming is a lot of fun in doing a garden. Kathy

the wild raspberry April 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

those roses are delicious!
chasity

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP