Related Posts with Thumbnails

Weight Watchers "Revisited".....

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Eight weeks ago, my daughter Holly & I, decided it was once again time to address our "weight". We decided to once again join "Weight Watchers", but not "on-line!.....this time it had to be in person!.....We both felt we needed to actually choose a meeting & show up each & every week in person to face that dreaded scale!.....Amazing how well you stick to a healthy eating plan when a stranger is weighing you in each week!!?
Anyway, we decided that the best time for us was 6:30am on Saturday mornings!...I know, most of our friends just shake their heads, but for us it has been perfect!.....The day has not even begun, we can easily sneek out, with the rest of the family still asleep & be back before any of the day's plans have been made!!
We also have taken it quite seriously, sticking to our assigned number of food points. We both have been exercising, eating right ( O.K....a couple indulgences!) & I am so happy to report we are feeling terrific!....Holly has lost 10 lbs.!!.... & I have lost 20.2 lbs.!!!!....Holly was fairly small to begin with, & is looking wonderful!....She is so thrilled to have just purchased a pair of jeans in a size smaller! As for me, clothes are baggier (LOVE that!),... I feel amazing & even though I have a long way to go.....my friend Lauren & Susie noticed I had lost weight!...How great is that!!!
So on we go,.... both beginning to slowly understand that this is a chosen lifestyle, not a passing fad. I encourage any of you needing to lose a bit of weight to head to your nearest Weight Watchers!....sign up & stay for the meetings!.....The support is invaluable, as is the healthy lessons they teach!.....
Oh! ...almost forgot!...I am including a delicious WW recipe I received years ago. It is amazingly good & those members of your family not dieting will love it too! So here's to taking care of ourselves!...& realizing that with determination & time,...the "Heidi Klum" in each of us can immerge! :).......Happy "healthy"day to you all!

Broccoli/Cheese Casserole:

* 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese
* 4 oz. Kraft Old English Cheese (in a little jar)
* 2 cups long grain rice
* 1/2 cup of each....drained sliced mushrooms ( we actually saute a cup on fresh mushrooms in a tad of olive oil!).....diced onion....& canned evaporated skim milk
* 2 packages of chopped broccoli
* 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 qt. casserole with non stick cooking spray; set aside. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Turn into the casserole dish & bake until mixture is heated through & broccoli is tender, about 30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

14 comments:

Liz April 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

4 weeks ago I decided to stop my bad eating habits (okay, a few indulgences too LOL!) and I also stopped smoking cigarettes too, which will be 3 weeks ago, tomorrow. Most people will gain weight through smoking. But with PMS AND not smoking, I've still lost 4 lbs and 2" off of my waist. It's amazing how much you lose with just the little things, like cutting out soda. Congrats to you guys :) I won't go to WW though lol. The points drive me nuts. I use an online thing at myfooddiary.com and it's working for me and has helped a few friends tremendously as well.

Anonymous,  April 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Congratulations, Heidi! WW is a great place to re-learn healthy eating ... I've been there before and probably should think about going again! lol!

Polka Dot Moon April 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Congratulations! How wonderful to do this with Holly :)

Schotzy April 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

How wonderful! I joined last week, but have not had a good week at all. Just havent been putting my heart into it! This recipe looks really great. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tonya April 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

WOW 20lbs!!!! That is amazing, Heidi! Keep up the good work : )

Elise April 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

So glad to hear an update on the WW front!! That is great about your 20.2 lbs!!! Great job!! I definitely need to do something. My son who is 6 is offering{everyday} to buy me a WII Fit. Isn't that nice of him?!?!
Elise

mysteryhistorymom April 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Congratulations, Heidi! I am sooooo proud of you! WOW-20 pounds! Lori

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage April 9, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

Good for you! Keep up the good work. Thanks for being and inspiration. ; )
~Michele

colleen April 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Heidi....good for you! What an awesome accomplishment!
I too 'revisited' WW in the fall. It seems to be the only thing that really motivates me!

Keep up the good work....
love,c

Big people, Little world April 10, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Heidi and Holly, Way too go! Still trudging along with my WW endeavor, so many celebrations this time of year, and then of course the trip back to Illinois, which in my opinion is "carb central"...I actually had one of my cousin's friends say "I don't eat fruit"!! I couldn't believe it..then again, I realize they don't have the fresh choices we do in So. CAl. You've inspired me to keep it going..and I am so happy you posted the recipe I was looking for! Happy Easter! Terri

Unknown April 10, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

your doing a great job stick with it , it works i've lost 131 pounds with weight watchers

Shawnee April 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

You have had amazing success in eight weeks! I'm on week 3 of an 8-week fitness challenge and hope I'm half as successful as you two. VERY inspirational!

Sandy May 14, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

Very cool - love your blog!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP