Related Posts with Thumbnails

"A Summer Table for Friends"......

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last Thursday, I had my group of dearest friends over for one of our "get-together" evenings! .....We have been doing this for some time now, getting together each month for dinner, chatting & getting caught up with each of our busy lives!....
It works well, with everyone contributing to the meal & the hostess having the fun of setting a pretty table & creating a "warm & inviting atmosphere" for her guests!

Since I was hostessing this month, I decided to have us dine on my patio!.....So I began putting my table together.
It all started with these clamp-lid glass bottles from IKEA.....& 2 bunches of long stemmed "poppy-like" flowers from Trader Joe's ( they have a great selection of afforable blooms!)


I added a few stems in each bottle, each half-filled with water....
( looks much more interesting
than entirely filled!).....
& placed them down the middle of the table, casually winding them around a pair of glass cylinder vases,...... where I had placed pure white pillar candles on top of a bed of pea gravel.
Also scattered a few more tiny votive candles throughout.....for a bit more sparkle!

Amazing what happens when you combine the following....
1- Walmart folding table (6 foot)
*
1- very gathered, home-made burlap tablecloth
*
9- everyday white diner plates
*
9- soft, checkered dishtowels for napkins ( these are just used as napkins for the time being!)
*
9- K-Mart Martha Stewart glass water goblets
*
"my collection" of mis-matched thrift store silverware



As the clouds rolled in.....We all enjoyed a dinner of grilled salmon, corn pudding, Greek salad, fresh berries & warm sourdough bread!....(Along with a delicious appetizer of hummus & pita bread & amazing cupcakes for dessert!)

Such evenings are what summer is all about!

"Good friends....Good food....Good conversation"
Make some summer memories of your own!

Love, Heidi XO




3 comments:

Sherri June 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Sounds like a perfect evening and what wonderful decorating! It looked simply beautiful!

Ribbonwood Cottage June 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

Heidi! I love your table. And that burlap tablecloth looks pretty wonderful my dear. Great job. But you always set beautiful tables! I love it. Glad you had a meaningful evening with friends!
Blessings,
Debbie

Preppy Mama June 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Looks amazing! I am in LOVE with your tablecloth!!! It is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP