Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Weight Loss Update"....

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hello Friends, I hope you are enjoying your Saturday!...I wanted to check in with you all about this last week, & let you know my progress on the road to losing weight & getting healthier!...
Well, I am thrilled to report that I had a fabulous week!...I walked approx. 13 miles this week, I ate right, stuck to my point allowance & wrote everything down! ( which certainly does help!)
I still enjoyed frozen yogurt, grilled salmon ( many times) & lots of fresh fruit & veggies!...lots & lots of veggies!!! :)....I even entertained a group of dear friends for dinner, & ate everything they did...just planned for it!...& watched my proportions!


So off to Weight Watchers I went this morning & I had lost 2.4 lbs.!....I already feel thinner & have much more energy than a couple weeks ago!....
Now after my post last Saturday, I had many of you writing me the most supportive comments, with some of you deciding to join me in your own weight battles!.... which I find so incredibly nice!...So please write me & let me know how you too did this past week!...and if you too have any tips!......For me, it was eating "real" food, nothing processed!....I feel real food not only sticks with you longer, it also just makes you feel better all around!...and one other thing, I ate no red meat, chicken or pork...just fish!....It was a bit challenging, but something I have wanted to try for some time! Not yet declaring myself as a vegetarian, but headed in that direction! :)

So now we are off for a few days in Palm Springs!.....I am entering this second weight loss week with a renewed energy!...which comes from not only taking care of "me"...but having support & friends like all of you!.....
Have a wonderful week ahead!

Love, Heidi XO

(P.S. weight 270.2... loss of 2.4 lbs....(& still 5'8")



15 comments:

mysteryhistorymom June 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Heidi- I am so very proud of you, dear friend! You are such an inspiration to me! 13 miles is amazing and losing almost 3 pounds is fabulous! I think I will join you on your journey!!! Have fun in Palm Springs! You deserve it! Lori

Something Special June 12, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Hi there Hiedi, come check out my creative blog. Something Special. I am having a great giveaway, in honor of y new grandson born last week.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography June 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Hello Heidi...you did FANTASTIC! Good for you for sticking to it and trying something different (fish only) and eating lots of veggies. I admire your 'stick-to-it-ness' (probably not a word but it's the best I could come up with tonight). I on the other hand didn't do a dog gone thing! I ate about the same and didn't get on my treadmill or my Yoga mat (hanging head in shame). I'll try this again starting Monday. Have fun in Palm Springs..we'll be waiting to hear all about it when you get back. Take care...Maura :)

Joanne Kennedy June 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Way to go!!! Great job. I can't yet tell you how I did as I don't weigh in until Tues. But I'm thinking I'll have a loss.

I do need to get out and walk more. You inspired me to go tomorrow for a nice long walk.

Hugs,
Joanne

Jackie June 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Good for you!!!! Man, it's hard to get those pounds off when you live a busy life!!! I always feel so much better and have more energy when I take off some pounds!
Enjoy your get-away!

Lori June 13, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

Hurray Heidi!! Your heading in the right direction! Keep up the good work!

Lori and the Bassets of ABCBHR

Carol at Serendipity June 13, 2010 at 2:42 AM  

Heidi,

Good job. Have a great time in Palm Springs.

Carol

Preppy Mama June 13, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Woo Hoo!! That is awesome!! Congrats!!

Sherri June 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Heidi, I am so very, very proud of you!!! Way to go!! I hope you have a marvelous trip to Palm Springs!!

Kathy June 13, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

great job! You're an encouragement!
Kathy

joey Ledlie June 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

Hi Heidi and congratulations. I am so proud of you.
Hugs, joey

Fleur de Bee June 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Heidi I am so thrilled for you!! Losing weight is HARD! Especially as we get older and that ole metabolism goes bizzirk! Even 1/2 a lb. is fab for me!!

Wishing you all the best and motivation! Hope you have a wonderful start to a new week and more "new" you! I bet you feel amazing!

xo Molly

lala June 16, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

You are doing a fantastic job - congrats on your weight loss. Losing weight isn't easy but you made it through the first week with excellent results. I will be following along on your journey because you have inspired me to get exercising and to start making more healthy food choices.

Sinta Renee June 17, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

I was reading your post for Thursday and kept scrolling down to see what I have been missing. I love the idea on the side of your stove for "things' btw. But a special congrats to you for your commitment. I have been ignoring my own "issue". I'm 5'8" also... but no "negative" number. I would love to be able to say -2.4#s! Good for you!!!

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Good job, Heidi....I don't weigh in until Saturday, but I agree with you that cutting out processed foods makes such a difference, especially in regards to energy level...Or at least that is what I am experiencing...

Have a great weekend...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP