Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn is Here....

Monday, September 6, 2010

I am so very happy that Autumn is here....maybe not officially, but once Labor Day has come & gone,... Autumn in my mind, has arrived.

It's true that here in California we will still have our share of very warm days, but this week is supposed to be cooperating quite nicely,... with the weathermen predicting temperatures in the 70's, which for those of us in Southern California is most definitely "Fall" weather!

In the next few weeks I am concentrating on readying our home for the cool months ahead...adding softness with extra pillows, placing a rug on the bare floor of my kitchen & burning as many deliciously spicy-smelling candles as possible!.....I want to bake pumpkin bread & oatmeal cookies... & am even thinking about putting up a batch of apple butter!....And I would love to begin a new quilt,... possibly made from tiny colonial prints in deep golden yellows & dusty browns.....


This is the Autumn I am dreaming of.....crisp early mornings,.... afternoons of pale sunlight & long shadows...& peaceful family evenings spent in our cozy home.

This is the season of the year that I look forward to the most....
and it is now here....
for us all to enjoy.


heidi xo

6 comments:

onlymehere September 7, 2010 at 5:14 AM  

Fall is my most favorite time of year. I love the colors and the sound of dried leaves blowing across the road! Next to fall I love spring. Temps in the 60s are perfect for me!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me September 7, 2010 at 5:25 AM  

I totally agree....Welcome Fall! Especially after the hot summer that we had this year. I have already begun to change the decor in our home. Yep, I'm pushin it!

Sherri September 7, 2010 at 5:56 AM  

Heidi, after our exceptional hot, long summer I am so ready for Fall to arrive!! I love all the wonderful autumn spice candles, pumpkin pie, bread and anything else pumpkin. I have started decorating and plan on doing more! Enjoy getting your house ready for Fall too!!

Marie September 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

I am thinking Autumn too! It has been way too hot here in the South. I love the cool morning air, windows open at night, and the beautiful leaves while still on the trees.
Love,
Marie

Anonymous,  September 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

What a lovely programm you have Heidi. I almost smell the fragrance of your candles.
Yes, autumn is a beautiful and rich season. Thank you to share your thought with us.

Candy September 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Heidi, love your blog and was wondering if you had considered doing an instructional DVD on hand stenciling the pillows? Charge 30.00 each and they would sell out! Just a thought. Candy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP