Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Shutter Love".......

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm not sure you all will feel the same,.... but then again how could you not?.....Are "old-fashioned shutters" not just about the most fairy-tale, most charming detail any house could ask for!....Since I was very small, I have had such a fascination with these simple wood structures.

Maybe it had something to do with the books I was attracted to...you know, classics, like the "Secret Garden" & the "Little Princess"...or anything written by Louisa May Alcott. All these featured stately old houses, or sweet country cottages, where each window was accessorized with shutters.

The best however, were the shutters that were truly functioning. You know the ones,...the ones that could be closed to keep the weather at bay during the cold winter months,... & then when springtime came, could be dramatically thrown open!... once again letting the sunlight & fresh breezes drift in!....

And then of course is the "element of color". Of course classic black is always tasteful & elegant.....with green or blue running a close second. Oh but every once in awhile isn't it enchanting to see a very uncharacteristic shade of pink or lavender gracing these wood beauties!....So very "nursery-rhyme-esque"!, especially when paired against an old stone dwelling or vine-covered brick brownstone...... Simply magical!

O.K..... by now you are beginning to understand just how obsessed I am!....
but that's perfectly fine.
I am deep in "shutter love"..... unabashedly & undeniably!......

Cheers to shutters everywhere!

heidi
xo

7 comments:

Carolyn September 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

I completely, totally, 100% understand your love!! I got the shutter love too! :) Love anything and everything that comes close to resembling cottage "stuff"! :) ...and I too loved the same classics when I was little! :D

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Sherri September 10, 2010 at 2:44 AM  

Heidi, count me in for a person with shutter love!!! I love the pictures you put in this post-they are lovely! There is just something about shutters on a house, cottage, mansion that completes the whole package!! Have a great weekend!

Kelly September 10, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I love shutters on a house. It's like jewelry for an outfit....it looks plain with out them!

Jackie September 10, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

I just love all your posts and your expressions about the things you love! I, too love shutters and have even had my husband make them for the inside of our house.

Elizabeth September 10, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

Your post made me realize that I have a deeply buried passion for theses charming little pieces of home jewelry. Like the way you write :)

Mary September 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

I completely agree! Why do we have the ugly faded plastic ones? These are so amazing!

Angela September 27, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

I love shutters on houses, too. Seems like they are instantly welcoming makes a house look more homey!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP