Related Posts with Thumbnails

Unexpected Days....

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Today, "us girls",.... my two daughters & I, decided to drive up to Old Orange, California to do a little antiquing. We have not been to Orange since last year at this time & we were so very excited! We of course have "a routine". We start at Starbucks, for an ice tea & a little something sweet to nibble on. Then we proceed over to Country Roads to see what all the vendor booths have to offer.

Well let me just say that Old Orange has changed in the last year!.....Many of my favorite shops have been replaced, one with a Karate studio, one with a modern little yogurt shop & even one has become a laundromat?....My girls & I decided it was just another example of our poor economy, making it very difficult for the little antique shops to survive....but who knows?

It was a bit disheartening.....not only did we not make even one purchase, we were really not even tempted!?....Everything was so EXPENSIVE!.....OMGoodness! Not the day we had planned.
Of course the three of us love spending a day strolling & browsing & enjoying each others company, but shopping-wise, not so good.

In fact, by mid-afternoon we all decided to cut our losses & come on home!....Of course my husband was happy to have us home a bit earlier than expected & thrilled that most of the cash we had stopped to get, was still safely tucked away in our wallets! I think he almost felt sorry for us,.... & even offered to go pick up dinner...something I have never said no to!....

So in closing,.... our sad little antiquing day came to an end,.....but everything turned around by dinnertime. We were happy to return home, have a meal that none of us had to prepare & be able to get to bed early. It may not have been the day we had planned, but in the end it turned out just fine.

Here's to unexpected days!

Heidi xo

3 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage September 13, 2010 at 5:24 AM  

So sorry! Times are changing a bit, aren't they? I haven't had much success lately either...but when a good shopping day does come around, I guess I'll appreciate it more. Glad you had a nice time with your girls anyway. Have a great week! ; )
~Michele

Sherri September 13, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

Heidi, sorry you and the girls were disappointed with the antiquing adventure! I have notice many small antique shops have closed because of the times. Glad you had a nice meal and went to bed early! Better luck next trip right!

cakegirl September 13, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

I love Orange! My favorite shop was "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Is it still there? And, of course, a stop at Watson's. What a disappointment to heard it has changed.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP