Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Adore "British Country Living"......

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I have to admit that I adore my magazines!.....I buy fewer these days, due to some of my favorites being discontinued, as well as my sincere efforts to save money!....However, there is one magazine that I will always purchase,..... British "Country Living"!

This gorgeous magazine,... for me, is like some kind of drug, I simply cannot go without it!....Since it is British, it is somewhat expensive here in the states, but I simply cannot go a month without it!


I love the incredibly lovely covers,...which are always a seasonal feast for the eyes!....& how this magazine is truly immersed in the celebration & preservation of the English countryside,..... & yet presented in the most enchanting way.

Thumbing through pages of old stone English manors, with farmhouse kitchens sporting those "aga" ovens.....articles about cooking "sheppard's pie & fruit trifle".....& how to grow climbing roses or to create the perfect cottage gardens.....all make me feel that I too am living right there in the middle of England!

Reading about the raising of sheep,.... the how-to's of decorating with fresh floral cottons ...& all the fashion pages having models sporting "wellies", alongside their darling printed dresses & cozy sweaters ( very Anthropologie-esque!)....is just so up my alley!...The juxtaposition of the beauty of England & the roughness of it.... is just so appealing to me!

So this month, as with every other, I look forward to the receiving my issue of British Country Living!.....especially now with the Fall & winter months upon us!.....& with Christmas too, just around the corner!.....
A warm fire, a cup of tea & this little publication & you have the makings of the perfect afternoon!.......


Cheers to England & drizzly afternoons!.......
Your friend,
heidi xo

7 comments:

BailiwickStudio October 7, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

I love that magazine too! I've tried to get a subscription, but can't find a way to do that so I just buy them at B&N. It's always nice to immerse myself in the English country for an hour or so! ::Jill

Sherri October 7, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

My friend in NJ subscribes to British Country Living and I've seen a few magazines when I visited her-it is a "feast" for the eyes Heidi!! I didn't know B&N carried it (thank you Jill for telling us that!). Heidi, I have cut way down on the amount of magazines I buy too! I get Victoria, Southern Living and Coastal Living. They all have such wonderful things in them!! Enjoy your mag!

Carolyn October 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

I love these magazines too! I enjoyed having a peek through your lovely blog and will be back soon.

Carolyn

Natasha in Oz October 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

I have a serious addiction to English magazines too and I also love British Country Living. I also read Country Homes and Interiors and follow the editor's blog and my other favourite is the BBC Antiques magazine.

Best wishes and happy reading,
Natasha.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} October 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Oh the British country living is my absolute favorite magazine to!! The bookstore in the city gets it in for me and I can hardly contain myself as it nears the time for it to come in *grin*. I actually just had all the christmas editions out from the last couple of years for ideas and to get inspiration for the coming holidays :)

Have you seen the special holiday edition that Victoria magazine just put out? It's titled Holiday Bliss and it is absolutely divine! Definitely eye candy for the drizzly days. LOL.

deb October 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

one of my all time favorites too!

The Cutest Cottage Lamps October 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Hello Heidi, I just found this magazine at B&N and I love it too! Let them have France, I'll take the Cotswalds anyday! Will have to get a subscription to it too! Have a great week, sure enjoy your photos!
xoxo
Marilyn

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP