Related Posts with Thumbnails

Enjoying "Autumn's Charms"....

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

O.K..... Enough is enough. All I have been doing these last few weeks is working.....stenciling, sewing & packing up, lots & lots of pillows!...... Now I am very, very thankful for the business & to have such lovely clients.....& tomorrow I am thrilled to report that I will be completely caught up!.....

With that said though, I am in desperate need of a bit of "Autumn Charm"!.....

You know,.....

*pumpkins & falling leaves......

*afternoons spent cooking delicious chowders & soups....

* front porches sporting big pots of golden mums....
I want to think....

* "Halloween", about costumes & candy corn.....

& *baking as many apple desserts as one family can handle!.....

And above all, I want this time of year to slow down.....just a little.

I want to savor each moment of Autumn.....

I am deliberately clearing my calendar, so this season doesn't slip by without me noticing.....And it feels incredible!....Like many of you I am a "pleaser", always taking on more than I can possibly do,...not wanting to say "no" or "disappoint" anyone...

but I have come to the conclusion that for a few weeks I will be a little selfish with my time,.... & do what I want,
& if that means sitting, sipping hot cider, reading magazines & watching the leaves fall.... then I'm doing it!


Before long the holidays will be upon us, & these days of Fall will be
"sweet memories"...

So for today & for the next few weeks, I will be celebrating Autumn in every way imaginable!.....
And I would love to share this Fall with you!.....


So stop by whenever you can! I might have a new "recipe or idea" to share!

.....or then again, I might just be wandering through
a "leaf-carpeted orchard", enjoying my Autumn afternoon.

Here's to enjoying each season......


Your friend,

heidi
xo

4 comments:

deb October 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

wow what a great post!!!! LOVE it!!!!

Carolyn October 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Hi Heidi!

I hope you have a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying time off! Being a pleaser can be exhausting if you are not careful to take time for yourself!

Enjoy the Autumn Charms!! :)

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Sherri October 14, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

You go girl!! Heidi, you just take some time for yourself! I was reading your post and I realized this could be me writing it, I am a "pleaser" to and I need to take some time for myself also! Thanks for the inspiration!! Enjoy!

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

Amazing pictures. Is that your stove? I love fall but, here is Southern California it kind of was warm.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP