Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Jon & Kate Plus Eight".....??

Wednesday, June 17, 2009


O.K. Friends, I have to comment!.....I know many of you will not agree with me, but please don't bother writing me!......
I have to admit, I used to love watching "Jon & Kate Plus Eight"! I loved watching this average couple deal with everyday life!...a small house, limited budget & trying to raise their eight children.....In the last year or so though, Jon & Kate have become "celebrities"....which they seem to have totally enjoyed becoming!.....Oprah appearances, expensive vacations & visits from Emeril & the fellas from American Chopper??? I think they have become the new "Brandgelina"!.....Jon seems to have gone from a nice, normal husband to a whiney, irresponsible child & Kate appears to be a horrible " *-itch" who totally enjoys her new celebrity status! ....Now they have money, & a huge home, bodyguards & fame?
Along with all their so-called "success" though has come the negitive side of fame as well....The tabloids & entertainment shows report infidelity, scandal & now child abuse???....All I can say is this. Maybe Jon had an affair?....Maybe not?.....Maybe Kate yells & is hard to live with???...& maybe not?.....Who knows! & who cares!...They are not the first to have marital problems & certainly will not be the last! Let them be! Celebrities or not!
And about Kate "spanking" her child?.....OMG!....The media is blowing this totally out of proportion!!....Yes, her child was misbehaving & she swatted her bottom?....So what?....I completely believe in "swatting a bottom" in the appropriate situation!...That does not mean slapping a child's face or other body part, but a "spank on a bottom" is, in my opinion perfectly justified!....In fact, many times watching the show, I have thought Kate may have been too lenient with the spanking,... after hearing her older daughter Maddie "mouth off" dozens of times on air!!..... I think Kate may becoming somewhat of a "primadona", but I also think no one should be pointing their fingers at her for "spanking" her little girl! ....When we each are responsible for raising 8 children, then we can criticize her methods! I for one, was proud to see her, not being afraid to reprimand her child when needed,.... knowing the "politically correct media" would fully well make a huge issue of it!
In closing, I do hope the Gosselins are able to work through their problems. I hope they decide to return to the original format of the show, following a normal family through the "good & bad of everyday life"......Afterall, that is what we have all appreciated about this family..... & that is definitely what this year is missing.......

12 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ June 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

hi! i USED to love this show but not so much anymore. jon and kate have both changed from a couple seasons ago; there is SO much tension on the show now!

i agree, its not like she was beating her child. i use a "spank" as a last resort with my boys when nothing else works for discipline. its just one more thing the media is using against kate.

noelle ♥

Kimberly June 18, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

I agree that there is nothing wrong with a spanking administered in love. Different children need different types of discipline. I had a friend who only had to hear that her parents were disappointed in her to feel sorry. I as a strong-willed child needed to be spanked.

I pray that Jon and Kate are able to work through this situation and return to what is important in life: their faith, their relationships and their family.

onlymehere June 18, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

I agree with you and your post. I didn't even watch it until a year ago when my daughter introduced me to it. I hope the media backs off so that Jon and Kate have some space/peace to try and work this all out. The pressure they're under right now must be extreme and I pray they can do what is best for themselves and their children. Cindy

Sherri June 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Heidi-I have never watched this show but everywhere you turn you hear about Jon and Kate! They are just what you said a couple with 8children trying to live just like the rest of us. I really don't know why America is so fascinated with reality shows like this! I also believe there is nothing wrong with a swat on the bottom now and then. Kate didn't seem to be beating her child. Children need discipline and I think there isn't enough loving discipline in America today.

Lynn Jones June 18, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

I agree with you about the spanking--there is a loving way to do it and I believe a spanking can teach kids things that will save them from much more troublesome consequences later in life. I only wish these two parents had what it takes to back out of the show and carry on with the business of being what these eight kidlets need most outside of the limelight.

Suzie Button June 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Hi there! I hardly ever watched this program and then my daughter Megan started telling me about the alleged affair, etc, and that had me watching, (which is kind of SAD for me!) and I agree with everything you've posted. I have to say that I can see why they have problems though, Kate speaks to Jon in such a demeaning way, as my daughter pointed out, there's no change in tone when she's yelling orders at her children or at her husband. Kate seems to think she needs to always be the boss and doesn't seem to consider she is ever wrong or should maybe just let things be and let her husband just be a "man" for goodness sake! She seems to have OCD issues too, I get exhausted watching her, on and on...I find it annoying and not at all attractive!
And Jon does act like a child, could it be because Kate has always ran the show? I think he needs to grow up and step up as the man in their household and stop whining!
I think a lot of counseling and give and take would help here! Suzie

Anonymous,  June 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

I agree, Sista!! And IMO, a slap on the face when warranted is NOT a bad thing..! And I do not want any feed back for my Personal Opinion...!!

It's time Parents start being, parents...AGAIN!!

GranthamLynn June 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

I think it is sad and I agree they are blowing it out of proportion. I actually wrote a few weeks ago about their problems and I still watch. I am fascinated because I can't imagine raising that many kids especially mutiples. I have always wanted a huge family. I am keeping them in my prayers. And like I said I was saddened by the entire incident. Wow could you imagine if normal people like us had cameras around. Yikes!
Thanks for bringing to everyones attention maybe more people will be less critical and introspective.
Have a Great weekend. I am looking forward to your pink display!
Blessings,
Sherry

imjacobsmom June 20, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Heidi, I think the time has come to pull the plug on this show. The kids are getting older, the parents are getting greedy, and the family is imploding. The children need to live normal lives without the camera in their faces and move on. Now that the kids "bought" the family their home and new appliances and fancy vacations, it's time to get back to reality. Not reality TV. ~ Robyn

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think they are greedy. They are given freebies like all famous people all. Why shouldn't they enjoy it. I would probably be like Kate, if I had a husband like Jon who is totally out of it. f course she can't watch all eight at once, and he just zones out. I can't get over her brother and his wife going all the way to New York to give their opinion. I don't think I would care to hear relatives giving their opinion of me and my famiy on national TV. It sounds like a little jealousy there. I respect her for swatting the child when necessary. Just would have liked her to do that to Mady when she needs it. If people don't like the show, don't watch it. All marriages evolve over time. Nothing stays the same. I don't think the kids are being hurt one bit. I don't believe Kate or John would allow that.

Anonymous,  June 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

Very well written. I couldn't agree more.

Tinyholder July 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

I think smacking kids doesn't do them any hard. It's banned here, but quite frankly how do you reason or rationalise with a 2 year old? All they know is good/bad, yes/know, and smacking is an effective way of protecting them and stopping them from doing the wrong thing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP