Related Posts with Thumbnails

My "Back Porch"......

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hi Friends, Greetings from my "back porch"!....I just love this little area of our home!....This is where we begin & end each day, so I am trying to make it very comfortable & very pretty!....As you can tell I just adore "farmhouse style", so I'm having a lovely time mixing antique pieces with my true patio furniture...... & throwing in lots of bright pink geraniums,.... soft, squishy pillows & some of my very favorite accessories!

Among my favorite treasures, is this "chalkware chicken"!!....I found it a few years ago when the girls & I spent a couple days at the Brimfield Antiques Show!.......I think he looks terribly appropriate strutting atop my old green table!

Classic "iron urns" are also pieces I love to keep an eye out for!....So versatile all year long, but so charming with flowers & flags throughout the summertime!


This year, I have let my "ivy topiary" go crazy!.....It is my "wild child", & like all unruly children I am allowing it to run & behave carelessly....without a care in the world!!!.... Also a peek at my "old green bench" & one of my "floral pillows"!!!

Thank you for stopping by & allowing me to take you on my little tour!.....I hope you too create the "back porch" of your dreams!...One that your family & friends will gravitate too & wish to spend time!....Nothing fancy....just a sweet & simple place to while away the summer!




12 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage June 12, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

Oh, Heidi, it looks lovely and so inviting...a perfect place to enjoy a cup of tea! ; )
~Michele

Stacey June 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM  

That's just too pretty! I could move in there. I love how you stacked the mismatched furniture to make the hutch!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me June 12, 2009 at 5:46 AM  

What a great place! I just love it when people make their porches like an extra room to their home. It looks so inviting!

Lisa June 12, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

I can see why you begin and end each day here. Such a lovely spot!

♥ Noelle ♥ June 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Oh Heidi, what a kick butt porch! I love it; can I come live on it?? LOL I thought of you yesterday in Target... I was looking for flower seeds and saw a packet of FOXGLOVES!! It made me think of you and smile;)

Noelle ♥

Terry June 12, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Hi Heidi

How iniviting.
I think you might find me lingering here for a while .
Everything is oh soooooooo
wonderful .
Really creative decorating.
Thank you for sharing .
Blessings of happiness to you .
Have a fabulous weekend.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie June 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

What a wonderful place to start and end your days. So pretty and so inviting. laurie

KatCollects June 13, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Your back porch is so peaceful and beautiful. I love the flags in with the flowers, so pretty.
Kathy

Rhondi June 13, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

Hi Heidi
Your back porch looks so inviting. I'm sure you must get lots of pleasure . I enjoyed the newsletter and can't wait for the next one.
Hugs, Rhondi

Cottage Rose June 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

OH Heidi; I am in love with your back porch..... it is all so beautiful and cozy. I am still working on mine, and it is getting there.... You have such a lovely and charming home..... thanks so much for sharing with us...

Hugs;
Alaura

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents June 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Heidi, your back porch is just incredible!! Love all the sweet details you've added. I'd stay there all day long!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous,  June 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

your back porch is just adorable! what a great place to sit and relax. now I need to find something nice for MY back porch too!
:) Missy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP