Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Thursday's Housekeeping Tips".....

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lately I have been in the mood to clean?....Not sure why,.... but somehow it seems when the weather gets really hot, I simply cannot stand an untidy house!...instead I prefer everything in order!...
So needless to say, my house is pretty darn clean, considering it's mid-August in Southern California! :)
For my housekeeping tip today, I have two items that I L.O.V.E!!

1. white sponges (12/$18)
The white sponges I purchase from designer Tricia Foley's new on-line shop,
"The New General Store". Now for sponges they are quite price-y..... However they are incredible sponges & "white" which I adore!...so fresh & clean at my sink! You must check them out!

NOTE:
remember too, that running your sponges through the dishwasher, helps to disinfect & keep them clean!)

*******************
2. olive oil soap (Savon de Marseille Soap/$8)
These large blocks of soap are amazing! They last forever & can be used for every task around the house....from washing people to pots & pans to laundry!.... & they are also incredible for your skin!....I think the taupe-y color is lovely & again looks great sitting next to my white sponge in my clean kitchen!

NOTE:
I think a chuck of this soap is pretty sitting on an antique transferware saucer, or a top a pile of pebbles in a small ironstone bowl
....
********************
Both these products are a tiny bit of expensive, however, both are functional, utilitarian household items,.... so why not splurge on items like these that elevate housekeeping to a whole new level!

Happy Housekeeping!

heidi
xo


"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, & gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a "home"....I am thankful for the piles of laundry & ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby."
~ Nancy J. Carmody
















1 comments:

D. Jean Quarles August 19, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Olive oil soap. Sounds wonderful! Have a great day.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP