Related Posts with Thumbnails

Lace Curtains........

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Charming, charming, charming.......

There is an obsession I have had for some time......I abslolutely LOVE "lace curtains"! Not fancy drapes or elaborate window dressings...but instead, very simple panels of lace. I adore their "intricate patterns"..... patterns that allow just enough light to filter through, to create "shadowy etchings" across a room. I'm also fascinated by the fact, that even the most humble window, can reach "fairytale status" when a bit of lace is peeking out from behind it's paines. Let us not be caught up in the infinite choices of "drapery design"......Instead, just look to the sheer lovliness of an "old piece of lace"......There you will find the perfect answer.....for any window wishing to turn a head......

Old stucco & sweet lace.......
True "classics".....blue, white & lace......


The "juxtaposition" of the "rough wood" & "pristine lace" is simply magnificant!

Note: Be sure & join me for my giveaway!....For all the information just push the "Recipes & Tablescapes" button at the top of my page.....Would be delighted to have you!

12 comments:

Gone September 17, 2008 at 4:14 AM  

I've ALWAYS loved lace on my windows...and am adding them in my other rooms that are being "made over"!!

I like the pictures...especially the one with the wood siding and the lace...very pretty!

~Blessings,
Jan

ps...I have my post all scheduled to go on the 27th already!!!

Tracy September 17, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

Hi, Heidi! It's so good to be home again an back visiting you here, and catching up on your lovely posts...like this one! I love lace...and love that last photos of the lace curtains and rustic wood--gorgeous! Thanks so much for your email...I'll be in touch again soon. We're still settling in and getting over the jet lag--LOL! Happy Day, dear friend ((HUGS))

onlymehere September 17, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

I love lace curtains too. So delicate and add such beauty!

cathleen September 17, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

Pretty, pretty, pretty, especially the contrast in the last photo. Lace curtains are relaxing to look at especially if a sweet breeze is gently blowing them.

Anonymous,  September 17, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

Lovely Heidi! I have some battenburg or Belgian lace window swags I found in Illinois. I am still doing research on the beautiful old lace before I list them. Did you watch Martha last night? Did you watch her daughter's show afterwards? I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Tinyholder September 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

I love the last one, that's so pretty! :-)

Patti September 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

I loved your post! I love lace curtains too. In fact, for awhile we owned a very old travel trailer- think vintage seventies. Anyway, as soon as we purchased it, the first thing I did was to take down the calico curtains and replace them with ivory battenberg lace curtains (and paint the dark brown paneling ivory)! It totally made me happy even though it didn't fit with the retro seventies look of the trailer. Oh well- it was pretty!

Louise September 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

I'm enchanted by lace curtains. I have visited Iceland several times and lived there for a school year right after college. Everyone in this modern place had lace curtains. I loved it! I always will.

I love how your pictures showed lace in so many different venues. It's timeless and perfect anywhere!

TIG September 17, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

Oh! Am the same about lace curtains -- so lovely and inviting, with a wonderful old-world feeling. You've assembled such a pretty collection, especially the last image, which is beautiful.

Anonymous,  September 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

I am definitely not a drapery person. I would have bare windows if I could. I think it is from spending most of my life in South Florida. I like things open and lots of light.

I have lace swags on most of our windows - and nothing else. We do have window shades behind the swags in our bedrooms.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden September 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

How pretty!!!
My favorite type is net lace, and usually vining patterns.
And I'm awfully fond of tatting.
You find the most gorgeous pics.
That pink thatched roof cottage, OMG!! What a dream.

Anonymous,  September 23, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

ohhh those windows are too cute! I too love lace curtains, they remind me of a time with less stress.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP