Related Posts with Thumbnails

"The Simple Woman's Daybook"......

Sunday, September 28, 2008

For Today...

Outside my Window....I'm writing this post on Sunday evening, since I am planning on getting up very early & heading straight to my sewing room, to spend the morning finishing some sewing for a client's nursery.....It is late, my husband has gone to bed,...the desk lamp & the computer screen are the only sources of light as I type....& outside the window a frog is seranding me, along with the ticking of the wall clock.....

I am thinking...I am thinking that I am a huge procrastinator....I have many projects for client's , as well as things I want to do around here, in & out of the house, but haven't touched any of them in the last few days?....Instead, have done a fair share of running around,...Target, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, lots of trips to Michaels, etc....fun has been had, but work has been ignored....

I am thankful for....my "husband"....a man that can make me crazy mad one minute , & then make me laugh the next?....We agree on all the big issues, but find ourselves debating some of the most trivial things!....example: "purses"....he cannot understand why a woman needs more than one?......I on the otherhand feel there is no such thing as "too many"....I obviously am right...

From the kitchen...It's very quiet.....

I am wearing...jeans & a t-shirt, barefeet......& very special "bracelet",... a silver, glittered pipe-stem-cleaner wound aroung my wrist, by my 4 year old grandson Andrew, earlier today.... He was spending the day with his dad & said it was something to remind me of him!...What "treasures" tiny boys are to their grannies!

I am reading...As soon as I get to bed, I will be reading a bit in "Twilight"....very good by the way!....may involve a family of vampires, but one of the best "love stories" you will ever read!

I am hoping...to start exercising again tomorrow!!!!.....Watching the "Biggest Loser" inspires me to get back on the bandwagon!

I am creating..A pile of Fall recipes shared a couple days ago in my "recipe exchange"...Oh they sound delicious!...thank you friends!

I am hearing...The "sprinklers",...They just came on.... such a pretty sound....

Around the house...Everyone has gone to bed.....& all our dogs & cats are also sprawled on couches, chairs & rugs....sound asleep, some snoring....:)

One of my favorite things...Is this time of night,... quiet, serene & all mine.....

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...sewing, sewing sewing.....household tasks.....trying out those new recipes.....& EXERCISING!!!...and watching "Dancing With the Stars"!.....and I almost forgot!...Wednesday, October 1st,... I will be posting about & kicking off my "VERY VINTAGE CHRISTMAS SWAP"!!!.....

Here is a picture I am sharing with you..... I borrowed this photo from one of my favorite blogs, "this is glamorous". It beautifully captures a back hallway, where the family's outdoor shoes are kept....among them "dear wellies", the most useful & my all-time favorite boot!! ....I love this photograph, since it so perfectly depicts the "everyday" & the"ordinary".....where life's beauty truly shines through......

Isn't this photo just the most charming!!....the "glorious color" & the "humble footwear"....just makes me happy!.....Make your week a memorable one!......Heidi XO

8 comments:

Gone September 29, 2008 at 6:00 AM  

oooooooohhhhhhh...squeal...a Christmas Swap? I can't wait!

Bo September 29, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

What a nice read this was...now I feel serene and peaceful...thank you! ;-) Bo

Ribbonwood Cottage September 29, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Lovely post as always!
Blessings,
Debbie

Anonymous,  September 29, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Happy Monday to you, Heidi. I enjoyed your quiet reflection, and I so enjoy that time of day, too.

I hope you have accomplished your goals for the day. I know all of your creations will soon bring joy to the owners.

BailiwickStudio September 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

That quiet time in the late evening (or early morning!) is so special!

I love that hallway! As far as I'm concerned it could be the front hallway, it's so pretty.

Hope you have a productive week! ::Jill

Cottage Rose September 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

Hey Heidi HO; Love reading your post very nice. I am the same way you are, I have so many projects going on also,and really really need to get busy.... lol; I can't wait to hear about he Christmas Swap, I had so much fun doing the Halloween one.
I am posting my swap goodies Tues.

Hugs;
Alaura

Gigi October 1, 2008 at 7:57 AM  

Lovely post -- love the beautiful picture of the hall as well.

Georganna

Anonymous,  October 3, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

I loved your Blog for today! It so described my feeling today. Check mine out & see it is similar. I would have loved to do your tablescapes for Fall. But, I just started all of this (as you will see in my BLOG). Maybe if you do a Christmas one... I joined Holly's swap. I have never done one of those either. So, I didn't sign up for yours. Don't want to overload... so I passed. I want to do well with the things I am signed up for. I love watching your Blog. I visit almost everyday.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP