Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Beauty of Autumn's Orange".....

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Morning Friends!.......Happy mid-week to you all!.....I hope you are all well & enjoying this incredible time of year!....At out house, here in California, the temperatures the last few days are a little cooler, which I love....... Sitting out on our backporch, sipping my coffee these last few mornings, it almost seems that "Autumn" has truly decided to unveil herself!....The mornings have been "misty"..... & evenings, might I say "a bit chilly"!!......& I plan on enjoying each & every minute of it!

This year, like every year when September comes around, I return to my seasonal love affair with the the color "orange"!....There is just something about this "gloriously enchanting color of Fall"!.....I am usually a person who throughout the year favors colonial blues & browns, with lots of white & a bit of black to accent it all!...but at this time of year I simply must have splashes of orange tossed throughout our home!!!

This year however, I have decided my "orange addiction" is going "au natural"!....no more "faux"!.....No more Michaels "fake pumpkins"! This year it is all about the real thing!....REAL PUMPKINS!!!...I know buying the artificial ones is practical, but I am tried of storing seasonal decorations! No wonder all our garages are overflowing? ....I am going to enjoy visiting the farm stands & picking out a few fresh pumpkins!....Then when the season is over, I will make a few pies & compost the rest!.....

Another way to add "orange" to my home, is to pull out my delightful "orange/white pinwheel quilt",.... to be thrown over a chair.... or once again used as a lovely tablecloth, creating one of the most cozy tablesettings ever!

And it is also always charming to add small arrangements of "Orange Blooms" throughout your home!....."Roses & mums" in shades of russet....so pretty & such a fresh way to celbrate Fall!


And remember all the simple areas that can benefit from a bit of "orange"!...With just the addition of this darling pumpkin, .....this plain little chair has become a beautiful "still life"!....The combination just makes you smile!



And of course Mother Nature's most perfect "orange"!......the "Leaves of Autumn"!!!.....All shades of orange mixed together to create the most "breath-taking allure"!
I encourage you all to add Autumn's most spectacular color to your decorating!!!.....I think you will agree that "orange" is definitely this season's "in" color!.....Use it everywhere you can!......Allow this bright & vivid shade to transform your home! Enjoy this "enchanting color" Mother Nature has provided! Afterall it only comes but once a year!.......Heidi XO



7 comments:

Sherri September 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Heidi, what a lovely post. I love Fall! Oranges, rusts, greens,etc. are just beautiful this time of year.

Grace September 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

You have the best pictures...these Orange hues are fabulous..Grace

♥ Noelle ♥ September 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

i love all the pretty photos today! our leaves in INDIANA are started to turn color; exciting but frustrating because i want the fall colors to still be around for our wedding photos... 2 more months!! i guess you take what you get;)

♥ Noelle ♥ September 16, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam @ Frippery September 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Love the natural decorating. I have lot's of Halloween dec and each year I say I am going to forgo unloading it all and go with real stuff. Somehow I always get sucked back into the faux. I am going to try to follow your lead. I definitely won't be buying anymore new stuff. I will be waiting for your photos to inspire.

Susan September 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Beautiful pictures, the colors just pop.

Susan September 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Beautiful pictures, the colors just pop.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP