Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Our Autumn Bedroom".....

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I do love this gorgeous shade of "Autumn yellow"...so pretty here in an "old antique quilt"...& my "newly sewn pillow shams"!

"Quilts,Toile & Grain Sacks"!........gotta LOVE that combination!......

Our finished master bedroom, all 10x10 feet of it!......Looking so "cozy & inviting"!......

This month in my on-line newsletter, "Living Little with Heidi", I wrote about my August "project" of sprucing up our master bedroom for Fall!.....My goal was to make our room a "cozy Autumn haven", while "spending little money & little time.... in very little space"!...
I made drapery panels, pillow shams & covered lampshades with yellow toile fabric I have had for ages!....I bought a very inexpensive drapery rod & sheers at Target......trimmed out my white door mirrors by gluing on black grosgrain ribbon ( which I also had in my stash!) & purchased a few bright golden sunflowers at Michaels when they were recently 40% off!.....
Using one of my old quilts as a "headboard" & using our basic white sheets, pillow cases & dustruffle, our room really has a charming Autumn feel!....
Without having a great deal of time lately to decorate, I was able to put this room together in a couple days, working at it here & there, between doing laundry, making meals, etc.....I am so happy with the results!...It just goes to show if you take a bit of time to assess what you have.... figure out what you can make yourself..... & purchase a few inexpensive items...a fabulous room can come together in no time! I encourage you to pick a room in your house & "Autumn-ize" it too! You will be so thrilled you did!.....Happy decorating!.....Your friend, Heidi XO
Note: if you would like to receive my monthly newsletter, please just e-mail me at heididevlin@gmail.com.......


15 comments:

the wild raspberry September 3, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

i just blogged about fluffing up my master bedroom too...must be in the weather!!!
i'd love for you to drop by and see...
hugs~
chasity

Elise September 3, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

I love it, Heidi!!
Elise

Mary @ Neat and Tidy September 4, 2009 at 3:24 AM  

I loved the picture of your bedroom from the newsletter and kept it up on my computer! I enjoy the newsletter so much and look forward to it. Thanks for sharing these ideas; I just wish you lived next door.....

Jo September 4, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

Heidi - Absolutely lovely!

Sherri September 4, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Heidi, your Autumn bedroom looks so cozy! You did a great job with it!

BALLET NEWS September 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

Anonymous,  September 4, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Heidi,

Your bedroom looks beautiful and just so very cozy.

How did you hang your quilt? That's what keeps me from hanging mine.

Hugs,
Gretchen

elsie123 September 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Who would have imagined that's a 10 x 10 room? Looks wonderful!

Betty819,  September 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Now are you going to tell us "the designer"(YOU)spent under $500?

Isn't it funny how the seasons change, you somehow get this urge to spruce up one room, or more than one room. We are scheduled to have a new kitchen countertop installed on 9/10/9/11 and I've been in the mood to paint either the Master Bedroom/bath or our office. Need to work on more ideas and paint color for the home office/computer room. It's so small and has way too much furniture and "stuff" in it. Your "new"room looks great and to think that you did it without spending a lot of money, that makes it more special.

Hopechest Bride September 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Heidi,
I love what you've done with the bedroom. So beautiful. Love that quilt.

Fleur de Bee September 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

I LOOOVE Toile! That Yellow/Maize color I have in my living room in a silk damask and it's to die for. Your bedroom is very soothing I love it!

Thanks for sharing! Sign me up for your newsletter! fleurdebee@me.com

xoMolly

Elaine September 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

You are too clever. I love toile and grain sacks and the golden color is perfect for Autumn. Your bedroom looks lovely.

Chumkie January 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM  

Happy New Year! The current Blog Fodder theme this week is 2 color quilts. I'd be honored if you would please link in at http://www.chumkieshobbies.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-fodder-two-color-quilts.html

Unknown August 10, 2020 at 11:17 PM  

Hello - How did you hang the quilt on the wall?

Thank you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP