Related Posts with Thumbnails

My "Very Vintage Christmas Swap"..... & "Pumpkin Cream Tarts"

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hello Friends, I am afraid the "swapping bug" has definitely bit me! I am involved in a number of lovely, holiday swaps, .....all of which I am having a wonderful time putting together for each of my "partners & partners to be"! I encourage all of you to get involved as well!...It is so satisfying to make up a sweet box for someone else...& then in turn receive one in the mail!....especially during those festive holiday weeks ahead!...
With that said I would love to "thank" all of the ladies who have already signed up to participate in my "Very Vintage Christmas Swap"! The response has been unbelieveable & so appreciated!! I was looking at the calendar & realized there are only 13 days left to add your name to the list of friends who will be joining me!!...Remember, you do not need a blog, just an e-mail address!...in order to be included in the this charming holiday swap! Just go to the button on the right side of my blog for all the details! I hope to hear from you all very soon!.....Heidi XO

I also came across this amazing dessert on the "Country Living" website,... "Pumpkin Cream Tarts with Candied Cranberries"...& just felt the need to share it!...I thought it would be as appropriate for the holidays, as it would be for these Autumn months we are in right now! ....I am planning on trying this recipe later this week! Would love to have you test it out as well & then we could compare notes!......Enjoy!...Heidi XO

INGREDIENTS
3 cup(s) gingersnap cookie crumbs
2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
1.5 stick(s) unsalted butter
2.75 cup(s) sugar
1 cup(s) fresh cranberries
.5 cup(s) milk
1 teaspoon(s) unflavored gelatin
1 cup(s) puréed pumpkin
2 tablespoon(s) brandy or Cognac
.25 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
.25 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
4 large egg yolks
1 cup(s) heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks

DIRECTIONS
Make the tart shells: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the gingersnap cookie crumbs, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and butter in a large bowl. Cover the bottoms and sides of eight 3 1/2-inch tartlet pans with removable bottoms with the crumb mixture. Transfer the tartlet shells to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Make the cranberry topping: Bring 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add the cranberries and cook until they just begin to soften. Remove cranberries with a slotted spoon to a small bowl and set aside. Reserve cranberry syrup for another use.
Make the filling: Fill a large bowl with ice and water and set aside. Place the milk in a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over it, and set aside. Combine the pumpkin purée, 3/4 cup sugar, brandy, remaining cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and egg yolks in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to bubble and a thermometer reads 140 degrees F. Stir in the milk mixture, cook for 1 more minute, transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, and place over the prepared ice bath. Stir occasionally, until cool — about 10 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the chilled pumpkin mixture, fill the prepared shells, and smooth the tops. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Top each tartlet with a spoonful of the candied cranberries and serve cold.

Oven Temp: 350.......Servings: 8....Calories: 428

7 comments:

Georgia Girl October 19, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

This swap sounds fun! I have committed to Robin's Nest Christmas Stocking one. I might need to do one at a time. I hope I can catch one of yours next time.

The tart sounds so delish. I have to print this out and save it. I am a cookbook junkie and love new things.

Jenny October 19, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

I am so excited!! I am already putting things together for the swap!!

threesidesofcrazy October 19, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

Love the fall look on your header. I too have been pre-preparing for the upcoming swaps - can't wait to learn about partners!

I was just thinking about cranberries today and what I could do with some - thanks for the recipe.

Unknown October 19, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Yes, Please
I would love to join this swap. I know about the swap bug. I have been doing swaps at swapbot.com
Can't wait.
Katrina in AZ

Anonymous,  October 20, 2008 at 5:51 AM  

Hello: The picture of the Christmas girl in red with the trees in the background. Is this just a picture or are there rubber stamps for it. I just love it. I'm on your blog daily so could you put your answer on it for me. Thank you. Judy

Anonymous,  October 20, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

Heidi, these look scrumptious. I am going to save this recipe. Not only does it sound fantastic, it would be so pretty to serve during the holidays.

GARAGE SALE GAL October 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Hi Heidi Ann
Just had to come over and see what's going on with you :) Miss my friends in blogland this past week. The pumpkin tarts sound very yummy...
Take care.
Deb

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP