Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Snippets of Inspiration"......

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Could this be the most charming little "writing corner"!.....I think I "need" this desk!.....

Here in California, it is finally feeling a bit like Fall......the temperature is slightly cooler & the sunlight during day, is soft & not as intense as it was a few months ago. Trees are losing their leaves,...and as we walk the wind scatters them across our path. Along with "Autumn expressing herself" outdoors, .......most of us are trying to bring a "warm coziness" to the inside of our homes!....I know I am!...Yesterday, I was looking for some "snippets of inspiration" in some of my decorating books & October magazines.....I found some lovely rooms that "reflect the season" in such a fresh & beautiful manner, that I thought I would share a few with all of you.....Take a peek!....Maybe you too will find a new way to bring "Autumn" into your home!.....Enjoy this October day!........Your friend, Heidi XO


The "fabric & upholstery" in this room, ....add such an "inviting feeling", that a book & cup of tea is all you need for a wonderful October afternoon!....


"Old-fashioned" at it's best! ...squishy pillows, soft blankets & "patchwork"....."deliciously cozy"!....
The perfect "Autumn" pantry.....organized, well-stocked & that "glorious color"!!


Another "Sweet October" bedroom....the colors & textures just speak of the season.....

Note: Be sure & check out my "Very Vintage Christmas Swap"!......I would love to have you join me!......And remember, you do not need a blog, just an e-mail address is fine!....Just go to the button on the side of my blog for all the information!...Hope to hear from you soon!......Heidi XO

17 comments:

Michele October 14, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Hi Heidi ~ I love those pictures...I so wish I had the money to redo the house. I think I need my own personal interior decorator!!!

Have a great week!
Hugz,
Michele

Ribbonwood Cottage October 14, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

Hi Heidi, I love your post, it is delicious! Hahaha, I really wish my pantry looked like that! It is filled with canned goods, not to pretty, but good to cook with.
Those beds look inviting too...would love to take a nap about now!
Blessings,
Debbie

Schotzy October 14, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

HAHAH! I just wish i ahd a pantry at all! Alas, maybe someday!

Cottage Rose October 14, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Hey there Heidi; I would love to have all the rooms you posted, they are all so beautiful looking and cozy. I sometimes take out my old magazines and do the same thing. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos drool over.lol

Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous,  October 15, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

Heidi,

Thanks for inspiring me as always. Now I just need to get motivated.

I love the trim in the pantry. I need to incorporate that into mine somehow.

Gretchen

bigbucketgirl October 15, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

I posted today about changing the quilts, blankets and fabrics in the house to autumn colours and textures...with us its knitted/crocheted and stitched things but that pantry photo has me wanting to go sort out my kitchen! and paint it yellow!

Anonymous,  October 15, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

I love that desk too! So simple and elegant...awwww!

Anonymous,  October 15, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

Oh my gosh. I am in love with that desk. Wow!

Neabear October 15, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

You have some great inspiration pictures there. I would love to do a redo. But costs too much right now....sigh......

KatCollects October 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Thank you for the beautiful photos, so calming and prety.
Kathy

B October 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

Hi Heidi! I'd love to "follow" your fabulous blog, but can't find the link. Is there any way I can get a feed or update from you on Blogger? Thanks for the help and the beautiful inspiration. -Brittany

Polka Dot Moon October 16, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

Thank you for sharing another lovely post with inspiring pictures!

Rue October 16, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Hi Heidi :)

I've missed you! I've been bogged down forever with life, but things seems to be settleing down now.. Yay!

Those pictures are so beautiful and they really speak to me :)

I want to do the swap, but since I have no idea where to start, I'm going to need some help.

hugs,
rue

Ashley October 17, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

I'm obsessed with getting my own snippets of inspiration, and I'm now obsessed with that bedroom! My husband and I have a black four poster bed just like that. Ahhh :o)

Anonymous,  October 17, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Hi Heidi!
I have a blog award for you!
Missy

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP