Related Posts with Thumbnails

"White Pumpkins"...the "Little Ghosts of the Garden"

Monday, October 20, 2008

One simple monogram, elevates a tiny, humble pumpkin to a "work of art"!....

A few years ago most of us had never heard of a "white pumpkin"?......and now they are all the "rage"!......Now don't get me wrong, I am a "purist at heart", usually sticking with the classic orange pumkins in all their shapes & sizes......However, I am completely fascinated by these lovely cream-colored squash!.......I love them best when they are tucked into arrangements that are already very monochromatic,...in a hutch filled with brown & white transferware,....clustered around the bases of wooden spool candlesticks, or piled into beige earthenware bowls!....White pumpkins possess a quiet elegance that their bright colored cousins do not. This year I have decided to carry their "whispered beauty" into my holiday decorating as well. I'm planning on mixing them with lots of evergreens, white hydrangeas, paperwhite narcissus & rosemary plants that have been allowed to become "wild & unruly"!......punctuated by old, silver, slightly worn mercury balls!....Very fresh & inviting!....just another way to incorporate these "little ghosts of the garden"!


White pumpkins..."en masse"........


"Classics of the Autumn"....."mums & pumpkins".......


So incredible!.......This pumpkin serves as the perfect "canvas" for the most charming "calligraphic designs"!.....


And the "white pumpkin"honored in wax...are they not the cutest candles!

23 comments:

Margie October 21, 2008 at 4:07 AM  

I LOVE white pumpkins! They're so pretty, but expensive. I wanted to decorate with them this year, but they were $10 a piece! I think that's a bit high! Especially since they aren't that rare where I live. I'll just have to grow my own next year!

Have a lovely day!
Margie :)

Stacey October 21, 2008 at 4:34 AM  

Wow the calligraphy pumpkin is a work of art.

bigbucketgirl October 21, 2008 at 4:44 AM  

I don't think the white pumpkin rage has happened here! It's only in blogland i get to see them...beautiful!

Robyn October 21, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

too darn cute!!! LOVE, love, love the 'calligraphied' white pumpkin - such a classic look!
Robyn

simple~needs October 21, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

i love the calligraphy pumpkin!! so great!! i think next year i am going to try plantng some white pumpkins. they are pretty expensive around here because of their popularity.

Neabear October 21, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

White pumpkins do present a quiet elegance don't they? I love them. I have incorporated a few of the small ones into my fall decor both fake and real.

mysteryhistorymom October 21, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

We have had so much fun with our white "Lumina" pumpkins this year! Everyone wants to know where we got them and it always surprises them when I say they are from our garden.:D They are charming and I love the monogram and calligraphy ideas... Maybe next year! Lori

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Oh, yes! I am so loving these divine little "creatures". They are like tiny gifts of light.

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

White pumpkins just have such an elegant look. The writing on them even dresses them up to another level.

Gretchen

Jenny October 21, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Love the candles...where did you find them?

Jenny October 21, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Love the candles...where did you find them?

Fleur de Bee October 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

I love white pumpkins and have them all over my house! Yes they are quite the trend now aren't they!

Lovely photos, thanks for inspiring me today!

Cottage Rose October 21, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

I too love the white pumpkins, more not then last year. I guess it is because of blogging, seeing how every one decorates for the season's and using the white pumpkins. I gleen so many ideas from you and others. Thank you for sharing.

Hug;
Alaura

Ribbonwood Cottage October 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Hey I am with you on this one. I love white pumpkins, we planted several, just ordered the seeds on line then we had a freeze!!! I was sooo close, to having cute little displays...oh well. I love your pictures and the post. Great job!
Debbie

Rue October 21, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Love them too! I bought two this year and put our last initial on one of them :)



hugs,
rue

KatCollects October 22, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

The white pumpkins are beautiful, I am loving mixing them with the orange this year.
Kathy

KatCollects October 22, 2008 at 12:17 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy October 22, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

Very elegant...all of these white pumpkin displays. I'm especially fond of the big white pumpkin with decorative swirls and curls--as if drawn with a quill pen and ink...Happy Day, Heidi ((HUGS))

Stacey October 22, 2008 at 3:53 AM  

What a great post about white pumpkins. Over here it's often swede and turnips, believe it or not. I'm not sure why pumpkins haven't really caught on, because they would definitely grow here. Your photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing! :-) Stacey

Schotzy October 22, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Good morning!What a cute post! Did you do the calligraphy yourself! Amazing! I would invariably mess up if I tried! BAH! So pretty! I havent seen any around here. I need to be more observant!Have a lovely Wednesday! am looking forward to the Christmas Swap info! Can't wait! Hugs, Carolyn

gbloom studio October 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

Love the white pumpkins! The candles are the best! You display such beautiful pictures on your blog!
Blessings,
Gina

Tamara Jansen October 27, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Where oh where can I buy white pumpkins?! I just LOVE them but haven't seen them for sale anywhere :(

Louise November 1, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

I'm way behind and trying to catch up, so just commenting here and there.

I couldn't help myself here. I love these white pumpkins, and what a canvas they are. You are so inspiring!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP