Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Kind Gestures & Girlfriends".....

Thursday, April 21, 2011

*Sometimes I have a tendency to think a bit too large*

Let's take any holiday throughout the year,...Christmas, Halloween, May Day, or at the moment Easter,......I began thinking how lovely it would be to treat "all my friends" to a small, but very sweet gift.
Maybe "pansies encircled in pure white parchment paper".... & tied with a taffeta ribbon.....
or possibly a "delicious lemon bread" wrapped in clear, crisp cellophane & secured with twine & fresh lemon leaves,.....
or better still, a "floral teacup" ( found while out thrifting!) placed in a tiny box that has been wrapped in fabric & "millinery daisy-garland"!

Now as lovely as this would be, it all takes time, which is something all of us seem to always be a bit short of.
So I am trying something new....I am choosing one dear friend, each month to do something special for.
Nothing extravagant, nothing expensive.

Instead something baked from my kitchen,
or grown in my garden
or created with my own hands.
I will wrap it in the most charming way & tuck it in their mailbox or on their front porch,....
& of course it must have a pretty little card!
This way I will be able to treat each of my girlfriends to "sweet remembrances" in just a wee bit of time & very economically!

Here's to kind gestures!...& to friendship!


heidi
xo

6 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL April 21, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

That is a very kind gesture and who doesn't love mail!
Deb

jillian :: cornflake dreams. April 21, 2011 at 7:34 AM  

what a cute idea! i think small thoughtful gifts make a huge impact :) happy thursday! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

mollydianeh April 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

I LOVE your gift giving idea!!! And I love finding your blog tonight! I KNOW I'm going to be following,'cuz I'm listing you on my "fav" list. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

Trish April 22, 2011 at 5:54 AM  

This is such a sweet idea! Everyone can use a little mood brightener like this!!

deb April 25, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

ok I LOVE this idea and I think I will copy it from you...you are amazing!!!

Sherri April 26, 2011 at 12:30 AM  

What a lovely idea Heidi! I'm not surprised though because you are a very loving and giving person!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP