Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Life Goes On"......

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's official......
My "Large Number" pillow is NOT in the May issue of Country Living magazine...
& I am so very sad.
Let me back up a bit,...a couple months ago, I was elated when an editor from Country Living Magazine e-mailed me, informing me that they loved my pillows & asking if I would send her two of my "Large Number" pillows as soon as possible!...She was very nice & asked if I would send her a "5" & a "0", both in tan burlap.The magazine needed them quickly, because they were interested in them for the May 2011 issue!.

Of course I was thrilled!....Of all the magazines I purchase, Country Living is one of my very favorites!!...& has been since I was in my early 20's.
Now keep in mind, I was just sending the magazine my pillows,..... nothing was for sure.

A few days later, the same editor contacted me again, with forms she needed filled out as quickly as possible!...which I did, faxing them back to her. Then another e-mail making sure I had sent all the information needed.
Throughout all of this, again, no promise that my pillows would definitely be in Country Living....

Needless to say, the last few weeks have been very anticipatory!...not knowing if my "number" pillow would actually grace a page in the May issue???
And of course during the last week or so, I have been a crazy person, running down to Walmart, or Target, or Barnes & Noble, checking each day if the May issue had arrived!?....And of course Martha's Living- new, House Beautiful-new, Oprah-new, etc. etc.....but no Country Living?
So yesterday, my husband & daughter & I were stopping for yogurt, & there happened to be a bookstore right next to the yogurt shop. We went in & there it was!...the May issue!.....All wrapped in plastic, with the most darling room on the cover.
We purchased the magazine, & went out side. We sat down & started thumbing through each page, scanning each for my pillows.
Then we turned one more page,.... & we saw a section all about "50 Deals Under $50"....& on the first page there is a photo with two pillows, one with a "5" & one with a"0",..... but not my pillows!?
OMGoodness!....It hit me! Someone else's etsy shop & pillows were chosen for the shoot...not mine!......
And instead of being mature & counting all the blessings that have been given me, I sat & I cried. Oh yes!...You heard me, I sat there, with my husband & daughter trying to comfort me, & tears rolled down my cheeks....I just couldn't stop weeping!

After a while we ended up getting our frozen yogurt & going home, where I have slowly come to terms with all this. Not a big deal for some of us, but for me in that moment a huge disappointing deal.
The tears are now over, & a bit of sanity has returned.
Life goes on...

heidi
xo



12 comments:

Janie April 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

Heidi, I am so sorry. I saw those the other day when my copy came and I thought of you. No one could have more beautiful pillows than you. I treasure both of mine. Wish I were near and could give you a hug. Just know that every one who has oneof your pillows in their home knows of the care you gave to making it and that makes it all the more special. Cry all you want. Sometimes crying cleanses the heart. Much love from Texas.

Priscilla April 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

How terribly disappointing. You just cry if you want to. I would too. I just have to say, they are the losers.

Sherri April 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

Oh HUGS to you Heidi!! I wish I was there to give you a real hug not just a cyber one!!! How disappointing! I think it is good to cry sometimes-let it all out! Country Living doesn't know what they missed! I love your pillows!

Trish April 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

I'm sorry Heidi! I covet your pillows! Hopefully the editor will realize what a mistake she made and call you back :)

Wendy April 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

Hi Heidi, I am so sorry they did not choose your pillows......they should have......sending a big hug to you.....and by the way its okay to have a cry.....after all they left you thinking your pillows would be in there......maybe in the future they will use them......their loss for not using them in the May issue...

GARAGE SALE GAL April 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

Maybe another magazine will seek out your pillows!
It's okay to cry..
deb

Sunflower Farm and Petit Creek Lavender April 19, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

Aww that is sad. It would have been very nice for you

Jackie April 19, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

I am sure they were not more beautifully or well made than yours. I have two of yours and I enjoy them every day! I hope they returned yours to you!!!!!! I am disappointed for you but I am hoping another door of opportunity will open for you!

Claire Beyer April 21, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

That makes me MAD!!! Your pillows are over the top fabulous and well made. All your friends share your disappointment and send their love to comfort you.

cakegirl April 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

Sorry, Heidi, the last comment was from me.

BailiwickStudio May 6, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

I'm catching up on some of your posts, and I want to say how sorry I am that your pillows didn't get into the issue of CL. I saw the ones that did, and yours are so much nicer! I'd have cried too. But sending your pillows to the CL offices might still open a door... you never know! xo Jill

for the love of a house May 31, 2011 at 6:31 AM  

oh heidi,
I am so sorry. That makes me so sad. And, quite frankly it seems a bit rude that they made you jump through hoops and then didn't feature your pillows, or at the very least tell you.
I would have cried too...

joan

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP