Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Remembering William....& his Lovely Mum".....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011




With the royal wedding of Prince William & Kate Middleton just days away,...I couldn't help remembering his lovely "mum" Lady Diana....who I have been thinking a lot about these last few weeks.
You see I adored Diana.
It all began when she became engaged to Charles,.... at the time, I too was falling in love & was soon to be engaged as well.
When Diana got married, I set my alarm clock & awoke at 3:15 a.m.,.... along with my mother, to drink our coffee & watch every minute of the this enchanting wedding!

And when Princess Diana announced she was expecting, I too was just a couple months from announcing my pregnancy!....I remember sewing maternity dresses similar to hers & wearing her trademark white nylons & black patent leather flats!....
I
felt a certain kinship with her,.... loving her style, her demeanor & her English ways.

I remember like it was yesterday, when Diana & Charles came out to introduce the world to their new son, William. And what a doting mother Diana was. In fact I think her happiest moments were those spent with her boys!.....I remember those adorable smocked "bubbles" that William wore & how I let all my girlfriends know I wanted to have some for my own new baby!...
( luckily one of my dear friends happened to be a Children's Apparel buyer for Nordstrom, so I received 1 large box where 2 smocked bubbles & 1 smocked dress where hidden!!!...thank you Celeste!!!)


How adorable baby William was!.....& how content he made his beautiful mother!

I watched as William grew from a baby,... to a toddler,... to a darling little boy....learning from his mother how to relate to the common man & to all those less fortunate the he.
I admired how Diana put off boarding school till William was a bit older than most royals, wanting to keep her children all her own for as long as possible.. and I loved how she was such a hands on mother.

Many years have passed since William was a child,....but he will always be his mother's son. How proud she would be of the man he has become.
Although Diana will not be sitting in Westminster Abbey on Friday to see her eldest get married,.... I like to believe she will be there, watching over William & Kate.....
lovingly guiding them to their future.

Here's To a Happily Ever After.....

heidi
xo

10 comments:

Decor To Adore April 27, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

Since January I have been writing Royal Wedding Wednesday posts. Today is the linky party.

Would love for you to link up this Royal gem!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. April 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

these photos are pretty fantastic. diana was such a gorgeous person. :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Heirlooms by Ashton House April 27, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

What a wonderful post. I have always had respect and admiration for Diana and how she raised her sons. I like to think she'll be watching over William, too, on his wedding day!

Lorri April 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Love this post. I loved Diana and hope her children have a happy and wonderful life.Cant wait to watch the wedding on Friday

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity April 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

What a lovely post. I too married close to when Charles and Diana did and watched with interest through their engagement, marriage, and early years.

Lisa Porter April 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

Thank you for writing such a wonderful post!
I bet William also has been thinking about his mum more than usual !
Beautiful post.

Cat April 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

ohhh your post brought tears to my eyes - I too loved Diana. You have included in your photos a photo from their trip to New Zealand, I was there that day Prince William took his first steps . . . . (the polka dot green dress photo) as a school child I was in awe of such a fairy tale Princess

Charlene May 1, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

I have ALWAYS ADORED Diana! She was an amazing MOM & truly the people's princess! Thank youf for doing this post of rememberance. I need to get all my books out look again at her beauty. William has done his mother proud & I think Kate is just the girl for him. I pray they will always be as happy as they are this week. Thanks for sharing. Charlene

Unknown August 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM  

Wow. I fou d our picture I have been looking for. My daughter is pregnant with our first grandson and I want the bubble that was on Prince William. Do you have any idea on how I can purchase one. It could be a bubble or even the shirt and shorts that button to the shirt. Thank you so much. Gina from Alabama/USA

Unknown August 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM  

My email is GinaLGrantham@aol.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP