Related Posts with Thumbnails

Realizing "me" is just fine.....

Saturday, August 27, 2011

O.K.---- I was cleaning up the kitchen this morning, a task I had happily ignored doing last night. And as I was waiting for the water to get hot enough to fill the sink, ( you see I'm a girl that prefers hand washing dishes, instead of dishwashers.....please no lecturing!)....I was wondering why I am always a tad bit behind the mark?....always a day late & a dollar short?....case in point, leaving the dinner dishes till morning??....

No matter what I have going on, it seems instead of one project I have 5!....I have so many ideas, so many things I want to do in a day, but instead of concentrating on one & completing it, I run around trying to do it all & none of it gets truly finished? What's up with that!?

In one day can one middle aged woman truly believe she can,.... bake muffins from scratch, straighten the house ( main floor mainly, the upstairs is a whole other project!), plant seeds for a winter garden, even though the summer garden is completely out-of-control, do laundry & stencil & sew tons of pillows for her Etsy shop!!?...not to mention eat healthy & exercise!? I don't think so....

Now for years I ran my own interior design business. Working with clients, I believe I was quite organized & efficient. I did my job well, answering questions & solving homeowners design issues. I was the "go-to-girl" when it came to anything having to do with pretty interior design decisions!....I had great ideas & knew exactly how to accomplish them. I got very used to being the expert....And I think somehow I still am trying to be that.

I believe a new approach is needed. First of all I don't have to be an authority on anything...nor do I want to be. For once I would just like to be the "student", the novice....the girl without all the answers. I don't have to be an over-achiever.....
Instead of being the teacher , & want to be the person being taught. I want to do things slower, take on less & sometimes fail.....but in the process enjoy it all a whole lot more! :)

Yep...It's time for me to give up trying to be superstar Martha, & instead be just average me.

I think I love the sound of that.... "just me".

I believe I'm onto something!

heidi

xo




5 comments:

Sherri August 28, 2011 at 4:29 AM  

I love just "you" Heidi!! You are a wonderful person. Alot more people should take that attitude!! ENJOY being just "you"!!!!

Priscilla August 28, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

When my first daughter was a little girl, I was apologizing for not having done some vacuuming I should have done instead of played dolls with my little girl. My husband said one of the wisest things he ever said to me - "when she is a grown woman will she remember the dust bunnies under the bed or that you played dolls with her?" I shut up and swept the next day - after we had a tea party.
Somethings are just more important than being perfect!

Dona August 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM  

What a lovely blog you share with the world and I'm so happy to have stumbled upon it! What a wonderful teacher you are! Thank you!

BTW~~~I'll share words I've heard all of my life from my maternal grandfather who passed them down to my mom who repeated them often..."Take time to listen to the quiet".

Debbie Kay August 31, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

I too feel so overwhelmed and wonder why I do not see "wonder woman" when I look in the mirror. God whispers to me "you are wonderful in my eyes" and I see things in a very different light. Praise God, He is always there for us, no matter what load is on our shoulders.

Much love,

Debbie

deb September 17, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

Im with you...I just cant do it all, even tho I want to. If I sew for my sew...the house is a mess...if the house is spotless...nothing gets sewn......so I compromise....thanks for letting me know Im not alone:)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP