Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Kitchen Cupboards".....

Tuesday, July 23, 2013


The kitchen in our new, circa. 1988 house....is very plain, very dated, but very much something I can work with. The first thing I did is remove some upper cabinet doors which as you know can open up & update a kitchen in minutes!....Then, thinking I was going to paint the interiors, gave each a quick spray of Kilz. Well it looked so crisp & clean by just doing that, I decided to just leave them white & fill the cupboards with pretty glassware & jars of staples, such as oats, panko, etc. I placed some lovely antique plates behind the jars just to give a sense of "background" to the shelves...a trick I have done at client's home for years! Seeing a bit of "pretty" peeking out from behind utilitarian jars is most charming!.....I also hung a little "sheep art" up as well....really just pages from an old book about livestock, which I thought were cute & decided to frame up!....Simple & Cheap!!...my kind of artwork!.....
 
O.K. now off to get this day going....
 
Happy Summer Day to you all!
 
xoxo
heidi

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM  

I love your shelves Heidi! I've done almost the same thing here because it's so easy to grab things and it looks pretty too. Those sheep pictures are really nice and what a great idea. It looks like you are settling in.

Kathleen Grace July 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM  

I love your new old home Heidi! I think it has some really great "bones" and I love a home with character. I am so enjoying seeing you make it your own:>) Thank you for sharing the journey!

Unknown July 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM  

Hello! My name is Katy and I am the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. We are happy to hear that our primer helped you and we would love for you to share your experience with our products by writing a review. Simply click on this link, select the product used and write/submit a review: http://bit.ly/WpAXp6

We appreciate the feedback! If you ever have any questions on our products or on your next painting project, please contact us directly at ask@kilz.com. Thanks!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP