Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorite Decorator...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good Morning to you all!....Today I find myself still trying to pull together & freshen up certain areas of my home. We have one main living area, & since it gets so much use, it's always the area I feel is most challenging "design-wise". After standing & analyzing the room at different angles for some time, ( I know what you're thinking..."Doesn't this woman have anything a bit more important to do?")... I decided to go to our library of books & get help from one of the best designers around.....Carolyne Roehm. Her book "At Home with Carolyne Roehm" is one of my all time favorites! Her style is classic, her photos spectacular & her ideas so inspiring!...And what I appreciate most is her "love of home", creating spaces in your house that reflect you & your family, & the way you live. When it comes to decorating, isn't that what we all hope for?

The incredible cover photo of the book "At Home with Carolyne Roehm"....need I say more?

My thoughts?...Possibly a darker color on the corner cabinet & I'm thinking a few pillows???


My little "entry hall"....needs a great piece tucked under my beloved old bench...I'm thinking a skinny, antique trunk?....maybe an old basket? More "food for thought?"....

2 comments:

Lauren April 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

My Dear Friend,
I LOVE this blog! You have inspired me again! Time to get going on a few new things. I'm starting in the living room as well. Maybe a few quilted pillows from Fairfield Quilts :o)
Need Blue in here!!!!
Lauren

the tattered nest April 24, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Love your blog...you have a beautiful home and a very good eye!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP