Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY GARDEN.....

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm happy to announce that my garden is indeed planted!... It has been cleaned up, the soil turned & mulched... the seeds sowed. I have planted every empty space, not wanting to waste a bit of earth. The list is as follows.... VEGETABLES: lettuce ( 4 varieties), radishes ( basic & French), spinach, carrots, green beans, peas, tomatoes ( mostly "sungold", since they taste like heaven itself!), "birdhouse" gourds, zucchini, tons of red potatoes & soon... pumpkins (both the traditional orange & the lovely white).... HERBS: basil ( a must have!), flat-leafed parsley, oregano, rosemary, dill, cilantro, thyme & chives. Still have a few more additions to this list. FLOWERS: lilies, iris, roses, stock, "black-eyed Susan", scabiosa ( "butterfly" flower, love that!), poppies & of course nasturtiums. Also trying my hand at blueberry bushes (2) & raspberries (6 and not doing so well?) , strawberries & two fine looking avocado trees, small, but promising! I wish I could say, that all there is left to do is to be patient, but we all know that the real work starts now,... watering, weeding, thinning, fertilizing, & "de-bugging" ( the scientific term). I truly don't mind though...spending time in a quiet garden, hands in the dirt, is actually quite theraputic. The day's worries seem to disappear. It's Mother Nature's way of saying good-bye to stress....So, message for today,... purchase some seeds, pick up a trowel & go play in the dirt!


The left side of my garden, ....all planted. For the moment it looks so tidy!


No, this photo is not out of "Martha's" magazine.... It's actually my own, humble, home-grown "Simpson" lettuce"......can you believe it?....I LOVE this photo!!! Happy planting!

8 comments:

mommyholly April 24, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Are you sure that's not Martha's garden????? hehe just kidding!! :) I love that photo too!

Elizabethd April 24, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Wow, I am very impressed. We are growing ours in the greenhouse here in France, it's too cold outside.

Anonymous,  April 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Very Beautiful!!!

Carol April 25, 2008 at 1:19 AM  

What a beautiful kitchen garden! It must give you so much pleasure just looking at it.
Oh....nearly forgot! the CK car seat covers.
This image is of Ck's own Lakeland Terrier called Stanley and he is sitting in her van/car? They are just gorgeous aren't they...I would love to have a set of loose ones made for my VW Camper Van in the same fabric - I have kitted it out all in Shabby Chic and Cath Kidston style...I must do a post on the interior oneday!
Carol xx

Heidi April 25, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Hi Heidi! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I want to take some time to read through yours but it may have to wait until my mother's visit is over.I love your garden. The lettuce looks perfect in rows. How do you keep Peter Rabbit from coming along for dinner? I am a big fan of fresh herbs but with our tiny garden, I have to grow them in pots.

Hugs from yet another Heidi :)

Ragged Roses April 25, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

That sounds like a wonderful garden, you have planted some of my favourites. Those lettuces look delicious, Martha would be proud!
Kimx

ChloeBella April 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Dear Heidi,
I just love to check out your blog.....I feel like I am able to "pop over to your place" whenever I feel like it, as if I lived just around the corner from you! Thanks for letting me get my Heidi fix when ever I need one!

ChloeBella April 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Hello Heidi!
I am so happy that you have created this blog....it's like I can "pop over to your home" whenever I feel like it.....as if I lived around the corner from you.
Your home, garden & yard are so beautiful!! I just love being able to get my Heidi fix whenver I need one!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP