Related Posts with Thumbnails

SUMMER WHITES.......

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Monday!....This weekend, I decided it was time to bring "Summertime" to my dining room, and what better way than with the addition of "WHITE". I simple love "white", especially in the warm weather months!...It is a color, ( yes, I do so think it's a true color!) that adds such a clean "crispness" to any room & at the same time is refreshingly "romantic"! I'll admit, I went a bit over the top!...but why not?..it's all white isn't it? For me when using neutrals like this, "more is more"!!! I stripped away all my late winter/spring decor, leaving one "constant", my collection of brown transferware. By adding my white ironstone "pitchers", a combination of floppy, white "roses", huge bunches of un-ruly white "lilacs", and pure white "pillars" the result is something I am quite happy with! A room that is definitely saying "hello" to summer, but in a very soft & classic way.

My "dining room"....all dressed for summer!...NOTE TO SELF: You are in desperate need of a antique chandelier, dripping with crystals!....SELF RESPONDING: Budget not large enough for such purchases!....be happy with what you have!!!.........Self agreeing!


No need to match!....My black "hutch-top" proudly sitting a top this lovely old brown chest.... All my favorite pieces are co-existing so nicely!.....


Sloppy, floppy "lilacs" in an old iron urn.....................(there's that ugly chandelier again!!???)


A pretty little "still life", so quietly behaving......

6 comments:

mommyholly April 28, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

I'm lovin' the summer decor! :)

Barbara April 28, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Nice to meet you Heidi. Thanks for visiting and commenting.
That pool looks divine and I have heard just how hot it is in Ca at the moment.

Rhondi April 28, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

Hi Heidi Ann
I am so glad that you found my blog. Yes I did make the red and white quilt. It is a New York beauty block. The pattern was from a book on batiks. It think it might be called "batiks and beyond" I lent the book to a friend so I can't tell you the correct title for sure right now.
The blue and white quilt is my own original design.
I like all your white ironstone and brown transferware. I am probably going to add more white to my dining room to lighten it a bit for the summer.
It's alwasy fun to make a new friend in blogland. Hope you'll come back to visit again.
Hugs
Rhondi

Anonymous,  April 28, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

Hi Heidi Ann,
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I really appreciate it. Your dining room looks beautiful. You know what, I too wanted a chandelier for my dining room and I wanted it big and with lots of crystals. Well I finally found one at an antique store one day for only $112.00. It has ten arms and all we had to do was hang it. I love it, so don't give up, keep looking, you'll find one.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Heidi April 28, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

Hello Heidi! I enjoyed being able to come take a peek into your dining room. I don't think your chandelier is bad at all. I love the English country manor house style and this works for that so I am biased. I just wanted to share an idea that is used here in Holland...people cover a chandelier in summer with a lightweight and 'floaty' guaze fabric. It gives a flowing light look to the lighting. They simply tie it at the bottom and top of the fixture. I am not sure you will be able to 'see' what I mean in your mind's eye. It could be a way to add a white look to the lighting for the summer months?

I love lilacs and they look so pretty in your urns! I also love your brown transferware. I wish I could find some here.

There are two Dutch holidays this week so DH has more time off and we are going up to Cranberry Cottage this afternoon for a longer stay. Time to spend just relaxing and watching the birds.

Hugs ~
Heidi

PamKittyMorning April 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

Love all the pretty pictures, inside and outside your home. You're bookmarked in bloglines so I can keep up with what you're up to.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP