Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Strawberry Season"

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Strawberry Season" has arrived!!!...And I for one couldn't be more pleased!....You can find these "little red gems" everywhere!....My daughter Holly, & her "little one" Andrew, went picking at the "Strawberry Fields" in Carlsbad a couple days ago, delivering home two large buckets of goodness!...and here in Valley Center the farmstands are brimming with them as well! Every year when the local strawberries are ripe, I begin making big plans, & this year is no different. Jams and jellies will be put up,... breads, cakes & muffins baked & this year for the first time I am trying my luck at "strawberry syrup".... How hard can it be?...plus I found the most amazing glass bottles for them, which provides me with even more inspiration! Think how lovely my pantry will be...small jars of "sweetness" lining the shelves!


Freshly picked strawberries, ready to be washed & nibbled!...

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 16, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Those strawberries look delicious! Ours won't be ready until mid-June but I'm willing to wait. :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog! I've had a peek at yours and I'll be back to visit again. I'm taking a blogging break to focus on painting my upstairs and then to get the garden ready so I won't be around for a week or two.

See you soon!

xo,
Lynda

Curlew Country April 17, 2008 at 6:49 AM  

Hello Heidi Ann, thanks so much for popping by my blog and for your lovely message.
how fabulous to see Spring in full flow where you are. Snow again here today, a bit of a shock this morning; spring is definitely struggling to get going this year (we had a heatwave last April.)
I've just looked back at some of your earlier posts, what a lovely house you have. Hydraengas are one of my favourite flowers and I just loved your arrangements.
I shall definitely pop back soon!
Stephx

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP