Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Beautiful Glass Garden Domes".....

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I know it is a while till Spring is here, however there is one "old-fashioned garden object" that I can enjoy now, while cold temperatures & winter weather still threaten!.... That object is the "Beautiful Glass Garden Dome"!.....Don't you just adore these charming "choches"!

Used originally as "little greenhouses" to protect tiny seedlings.....today's "domes" come in a million shapes & sizes & are used by most of us decoratively!....You can place just about anything you would like to spotlight under a dome....Small flower arrangements, lovely old Christmas balls, or as the photo above shows, a darling collection of French linens, all neatly folded & stacked in the dome's glass tower!

And of course domes are certainly still used for various tasks in the garden & greenhouse!....How pretty are these!....Miniature gardens under glass!......

I find decorating with useful items, is a wonderful way to adding interest to our interiors!....Glass domes can be re-purposed from a utilitarian garden object to an imaginative & enchanting decoration!....I encourage you to go out & purchase a couple for yourself!....You will constantly be thinking up new & darling uses for your own glass domes!!.......Gotta run!... I'm off to place a stack of tiny antique garden books under mine own!...Happy decorating!......Heidi XO

10 comments:

Lisa~A Cottage To Me January 25, 2010 at 5:52 AM  

I have two and absolutely LOVE them! Thanks for the decorating ides!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie January 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Heidi, these are such great ideas for cloches. (love the towels stacked in one). My beautiful pillow arrived, and it's perfect! Thank you. laurie

Cottage Rose January 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

Hello Heidi; I love those sweet little domes.... I have a few,, and love to find new ways to use them... I would love to find some big ones too.... have a great week

Hugs;
Alaura

BailiwickStudio January 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

I love cloches and the variety of things you can put inside. I'm afraid I don't have any on view just now - those litle boys would be too interested!

xo Jill

PS ahem! you forgot to update my link!

Sherri January 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

Heidi, I have always been fascinated by glass cloches/bell jars! When we had our farm I always would have loved to protect some of my plants with them but never got around to buying any. Oh well maybe some day!

mysteryhistorymom January 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

Heidi- My dear, dear friend, how you make me smile and bring such joy to my world! Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. They mean the world to me- as does your friendship. I am taking "baby steps" right now but I will reach the end of this chapter and be ready for the next!;) I wanted you to know that I checked out Views from Thornhill and The Best of Stillmeadow and I cannot wait to read them! Thank you for being such a special part of my life, dear friend... Lori

Bumpkin Hill January 27, 2010 at 3:58 AM  

Just charming, I must get some. I have a beautiful glass jar in my bathroom for all my pretty scented soaps which makes me smile everytime I see it. Today on my Blog I am having a Simple Things day, which has been great fun. HUGS, Catherine xx

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy January 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

What a beautiful post...I just love all of your dome ideas. Thanks for sharing. Your blog is lovely!

Cathy February 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Heidi,

What a stunning blog. I thank you for stopping by my blog and joining in on the OWOH "Give-Away".

I hope you win too.

xo Cathy

Anonymous,  February 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Heidi,

Happy Pink Saturday... I am so snowed in... so I decided to visit everyone on the list... even though I didn't get my name on the list this week:(

Love your post and you have a very lovely blog!

Hope you will stop by and say hi:)

www.quiltsgaloreandmore.blogspot.com

Debbie

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP